2021 BTBA Player Registration
New in 2021
Online Uniform Ordering
- BTBA is transitioning to online ordering!
- As a result, our Player registration fee has been reduced from $595 to $455 (by the cost of a uniform).
- Players will have an opportunity to check sizing and families will be asked to order uniforms after tryouts.
- Online ordering and payment details to come mid-March.
New Organized Teams for 9U Players
- Players must be at least 8 years old by May 1, 2021. This is a player's "League Age".
- The majority of 2nd and 3rd grade players will register at the 9U level.
- We highly recommend players at all age groups register at their grade level so they play with their classmates.
- Per MBL rules, a player who has reach the League Age of 10 may not "play down" even if they attend the 3rd grade.
- From 10U on, players must stay with their chosen age level. Switching to a younger agel level is not allowed after tryouts have begun.
- Player registration is open as of February 4th, 2021
- Registration for all ages closes at 11:59 pm March 6th, 2021
- Player tryouts are currently planned for March 20-21, 2021
Program Pricing & Policy
- This year's reduced player registration fee is $455 and must be paid in full prior to tryouts.
- Payment is accepted by check or Credit Card. Mail checks to: PO BOX 385013, BLOOMINGTON MN 55438
- If the player registration fee is not paid in full prior to tryouts, your child will not be allowed to tryout.
- If you have a previous balance owed to BTBA from prior years, your child will not be allowed to tryout until the balance is paid.
- There will be NO REFUNDS from BTBA for the player registration fee after a player has tried out and has been assigned to a team. In the event a player tries out and DOES NOT make a BTBA team, the player registration fee will be fully refunded.
- Any registrations after close of registration will incur a $50 late fee
Assistance may be available for those families needing help with the player registration fee. If would like to be considered for assistance, please contact BTBA Treasurer, Robert Chamberlain (
), or BTBA President, Drew Squires (
- Players must live in Bloomington, MN or attend a Bloomington public school. Please check Metro Baseball League website (mbl.bz) for age restrictions.
- Players entering their freshman year of high school (15 year-olds) are permitted to tryout with the High School they plan to attend if they show the proper High School registration paperwork from their School or School District.
- Players new to BTBA must turn 8 years old by May 1st, 2021 or be currently enrolled in 2nd grade. Conversely, players in their respective age groups must not reach the next age before May 1st, 2020. The only approved “play up” situation is one that aligns players with their current grade. This will be closely monitored by BTBA Board of Directors.
- NEW and RETURNING players are required to register with their GRADE. Our goal is to have all players entering their freshman year of High School at the same time even if a player’s date of birth allows the player to be eligible to play on more than one team. If there is a question as to the accurate registration for a player, you may be requested to provide proof of school registration and/or a birth certificate.
BTBA will field as many teams as possible based on the number of registrations. It is very important to register by the applicable deadline listed above so we can determine the number of teams to be formed at each age. BTBA must coordinate with MBL (see below) on the number of teams in each age group (i.e., AAA, AA, and A). We cannot guarantee a roster spot for each player who registers, but we will try and form as many teams as possible based on the player’s ability and the registration numbers, and we try to eliminate or reduce the number of players cut following tryouts.
BTBA belongs to the Metro Baseball League (www.mbl.bz
). "The Metro Baseball League is a community based program
. Players are eligible to participate on teams from the community in which they live with their parent(s) or legal guardian, or their school attendance area. In some cases a "natural baseball community" exists which may be a combination of nearby communities based on high school attendance area or other demographics. However, this is NOT
intended to allow all-star or recruited teams to be formed. The MBL Board of Directors reserve the right to rule on any questionable situations."
By registering your child, you acknowledge the chance for injury to your child in pre-season clinics, tryouts, practices, scrimmages, workouts, regular season games, tournaments, and other team activities. As such, you agree when you register, you and your child waive any and all claims against the City of Bloomington, BTBA, BTBA Board of Directors, and BTBA coaches.
Should you have any questions or problems regarding the registration process, please contact BTBA President, Drew Squires (