(2011 through 2014 Birth Years or 2015 upon approval, or older players making a transition from IP to regular season)
Commitment fee of $100.00 due by August 11, 2020 to ensure roster spot and correct pricing for the upcoming season.
You will have 2 options to choose from for your player to get as much or as little ice time as your schedule and budget allows to provide different levels of growth and instruction for the players.
Your options are as follows:
House Team -- Approximately $500 per player
- The goal of this team is fun and skill building. This team will help players get used to competing and learn the game more in depth.
- 30 mite practices
- no official team jersey (can choose to buy one)
- number of teams and players per team is TBD
- all games and practices take place at Northern Kentucky Ice Center
- guaranteed 7 half ice games against the other NKYHA U8/Mite House teams on Saturday mornings
- end of season tournament
Travel Team--> approximately additional $500 per player
- This team is meant to work with what it learned in the House program but also have players take a step up in competition by playing other teams in the league.
- includes all of the above plus:
- 2 teams based on beginning of season evaluations
- about 9 players per team
- dedicated coach and team manager separate from the house program
- 10 home games and 4-6 travel games within Southern Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana
- 2- 4 Tournament/Jamboree style days
- 8 additional team practices on small rink
- Norse Jersey (add'l fee)
If you would like you child to be considered for a spot on the Travel Team, you will need to indicate to the coaching stuff that your child would like to be evaluated for the team, which will be held the first two practices of the season. These practices will also be used to group the house teams together for the season.
Coaching Staff: Steven Wyant, Simon Lovasco
NOTE: All NKYHA (Northern Kentucky Youth Hockey Association) Program participants must register with USA Hockey prior to registering with NKYHA. The fee is $51.00 for a one-year membership. Birth years 2012 and younger are free.
To register with USA Hockey:
Please note, to encourage all families to register early so we can order uniforms and secure the appropriate amount of ice time for each team, the fees posted are for those individuals that register AND pay a non-refundable deposit of $100.00 on or before August 11th. If you register and pay the initial deposit by August 11th, your son/daughter will be placed on a team. After August 15th, house fees will increase by $100 and late registrations will be wait-listed until space is available. After your deposit has been paid, Payment timeline is as follows: 75% by October 15. Paid in full December 1. Any player not current with payment schedule will be suspended from on-ice participation until account is current or paid in full. You can pay fees anytime online at NKYHA.com or by dropping a check in the NKYHA mailbox at NKIC. Cash payments will not be accepted this season.
To make payments, please follow the following steps:
On www.nkyha.com homepage select “Member Login”
Once logged in, your Family Account page will appear.
To make a payment, click on the green Pay Now box at the bottom right corner.
To make a partial payment, just change the amount in the Unit $$ box for your desired amount.
Credit/Debit Card Payments preferred. Check/Draft payments can also be made through the online system. No cash payments will be accepted.
If you have any questions or need help registering, please email Megan Craig email@example.com .
Base Cost: $100.00
born between: 01/01/2012 and 12/31/2014