The Track and Field program will be for grades 1 to 8. Additional grade levels such as high school will be allowed on a case by case basis. Practices are twice a week and lead by professional trainers. All participants can go to two regional competitive meets if they are held based on COVID-19 restrictions at the time of the event.
The structure of the 2021 season will be different from past seasons. Broadly speaking, it will be a two month program where cost is by month and there will be no penalty for early withdrawal.
- There will be a non-refundable $10 registration fee to cover basic fees for opening the program.
- If we are able to hold the season based on current COVID-19 restrictions, DYS Track will assess a 100 dollar fee after the first week of practice in April and May for a maximum of 200 dollars. That translates into a $100 dollar assessment on 4/13/2021 and 5/11/2021.
- Payment is required in order to participate in that month's activities.
- Each month's assessment will be non-refundable but there will be no penalty if, for example, you choose to participate during April but decline participation in May.
- All payments will be assessed through the DYS website only.
- Registration fees for the regional meet are additional charges. Typically this will be minimal cost.
- Uniforms are an additional charge. You will only be required to purchase a uniform if you plan to participate in the meets.
- If registration numbers fall below sustainable numbers or there are flagrant violations of COVID-19 guidelines, DYS Track will cancel the program for 2021 with the maximum refund we can afford.
Base Cost: $10.00
Open to: Boys & Girls
In Grades: 1 to 12 for 2020-21 School year