This 8 week summer LAX program participates in the Tampa Lacrosse Alliance league which consists of the following programs: Wolves, Coyotes, S. Tampa, Jaguars and Yellow Jackets. We (Wolves) will meet once a week on Thursday nights for practices at Keystone Prep HS on Gunn Hwy in Odessa. Games will be on Saturday mornings at Skyway Park in Tampa. (By the airport) the format is small-sided games (4 on 4) which allows for more touches with an ability to get creative with your game. This is a great way to keep your stick in your hands while staying local to free up your summer!
Thursday's 6-7:30PM starting May 5th 2022
Games start weekend of May 14th and run through June 18th 2021 Rain makeup games are held on June 25th
Why small-sided games?
- Less players sharing one-ball increases individual technical development (more touches per player)
- Smaller space means more action near the goals which leads to accelerated tactical development (more relevant game action per player)
- Less players on the field means more playmaking opportunities for each player and improved game savvy
- Small space and simplified rules increases the pace of play which helps keep the kids mentally engaged during practice
- Small space and simplified rules also allow all players, not just the best athletes, to have a positive impact on the game
- Small-sided games are flexible enough to adapt to any practice situation
- All of this leads to better development for the kids and more FUN!
Open to: Girls
born between: 09/01/2013 and 09/01/2016