HOUSE LEAGUE AND ICE MICE REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
Registration is restricted to BYH families until Friday November 27th.
Our number of players will be limited this year due to COVID restrictions. Please do not delay in registering (registration link is below)
FINALLY!!!! Time to get these little Warriors on the ice and kick off their long hockey careers!! What a roller coaster life has become. In addition to dealing with a Pandemic, we had an unrelated issue of dealing with the potential loss of the Jack Kirrane Rink at Larz Anderson Park. And while we haven’t solved our COVID crisis, with help of the Recreation Commission and support from the Town of Brookline, BYH was able to successfully advocate for the reopening of our beloved outdoor rink, home of our Ice Mice and House League programs. It has been a long Brookline tradition to teach our youngest players to learn the game of hockey while braving the elements of a New England Winters at the top of Larz Anderson Hill. It is truly an experience they will never forget.
Before you register, there will be some changes this year, and we want to make sure you are on board before registering:
- Masks must be worn at all times on and off the ice;
- Registration will be limited as there are limits on the number of kids on the ice;
- Priority will be given to returning families first, followed by Brookline residents;
- There will be a limit of one spectator per child;
- The locker rooms will be closed (except to use the restrooms);
- All kids must get fully dressed before arriving to rink;
- There will be no hockey bags allowed in rink – skates, helmet and gloves can be put on at rink;
- For more hockey protocol info please see: https://cdn4.sportngin.com/attachments/document/889f-2302754/Phase_III_Step_2_Youth_and_Adult_Amateur_Sports_EEA_Updated_11.12.20_CLEAN.pdf#_ga=2.248501957.37307031.1606236094-188409632.1597357012
- This list is not all inclusive and rules are changing daily. BYH will continue to comply with all State and Local guidelines as they are implemented. More details will be sent to you upon registration, we just want you to be aware of the basics protocols before signing up.
As always, we are looking for volunteers to assist with both our Ice Mice and House League. Hockey background is helpful but not a must, but we do ask that on ice help are able to skate, and that you are willing to help all the kids in the program.
Next step is to complete the registration on The Brookline Youth Hockey website including payment of the initial deposit for the upcoming season
If you do not remember your password to the BYH site please follow the directions for retrieving a forgotten password. Please DO NOT set up a new account; this creates duplicate records which makes it difficult for us to track your payments and assign your players to rosters.
REGISTRATION LINKS ARE BELOW
That’s it for now, but plenty more to come. For now, stay safe and we hope you are looking forward to the start of the BYH IM & HL season.