Skills Development Clinics
During March 2021, SCAA’s Boys Youth Lacrosse Program Coaches and South County High School coaches will partner to host skills development clinics for players ages 8 to 14. Clinics will take place at the South County High School Track/Turf Field from 5:45 to 7 p.m. every Wednesday in February. Athletes will need their own lacrosse stick. No other equipment is needed for the clinic.
These clinics will provide a great opportunity for our players to develop skills and practice catching, throwing, shooting, carrying the ball, and picking up ground balls. This is also a great way to meet their youth coaches and future high school coaches.
Cost: $40 per player, for 4 lessons
Our program strives to provide the safest environment possible. We follow guidance from CDC, the Governor, and our SCAA Chairman.
1. Coaches recommend a Cascade helmet shield, a thin, clear plastic shield that covers the face mask of the helmet. Shields can be purchased at DICKS Sporting Goods or online. The shield is highly encouraged, but not mandatory.
2. All coaches will wear a mask while on the field.
3. Players, coaches, and parents must wear a mask on school grounds while walking to and from the parking lots.
4. Only coaches and players are allowed on the field.
5. If parents decide to stay and watch the clinic, they must always maintain social distance and wear a mask.
6. Athletes may not share water bottles.
7. We will follow any additional guidelines published by the State of Virginia, CDC, U.S Lacrosse, and NVYLL.
8. Before every practice, parents will need to visit the SCAA website to complete the quick COVID-19 daily check in. This takes only a minute to complete.
Point of contact: Jack Wheeler (Boys Lacrosse Director) at firstname.lastname@example.org
South County — We Are FAMILY!
Open to: Boys
In Grades: 2 to 8 for 2020-21 School year