***Information updated 12/1/2022***
Spring '23 Season Calendar
- March 4: Player evaluations will be held at Arnold Park. Arrival times will be sent via email. (Juniors, Minors, Majors & 10U, 12U, 14U softball)
- March 11: Coaches Training at Arnold Park. Times vary by division.
- March 13: Most player drafts will occur this week. You can expect to hear from your child’s coach soon after. Your coach will have the team’s practice schedule at this time.
- March 20: All practices may begin.
- March 25: League-wide Field Day.
- April 8: "In-house" rec league game schedules will be released.
- April 15: "In-house" rec league games will begin.
- TBD: Co-Op (baseball) and NCCGSL (softball) schedules are TBD and created by those organizations.
- May 13: Picture Day & Hit-a-Thon at Belvedere Elementary School
- May 13: “In-house” Rec baseball All-Star games
- June 10: “In-house” Rec baseball playoff tournament
- June 11: “In-house” Rec baseball and softball play concludes
- TBD: Co-Op (baseball) and NCCGSL (softball) end dates are TBD by those organizations.
The following is our current projection, based on historical league and registration data. Co-Op and NCCGSL schedules are created by those organizations, and out of BBSC’s control. Game schedules are subject to change.
- Tball: 1 Saturday game. 1 weekday practice.
- Rookies: 1 Tuesday/Thursday game (not both, but may rotate). 1 Saturday game. 1 weekday practice.
- Juniors: 1 Tuesday game. 1 Saturday game. 1 weekday practice.
- Minors: 1 Wednesday game. 1 Saturday game. 1 weekday practice.
- Majors: 1 Thursday game. 1 Saturday game. 1 weekday practice.
- Babe Ruth: 1 weekday game. 1 Saturday game. 1 weekday practice.
- Colt (Co-Op): 1 weekday game. 1 Saturday game. 1 weekday practice.
- 6U Softball: 1 Saturday game. 1 weekday practice.
- 8U Softball (NCCGSL): 2 games and 1 practice per week (Monday-Saturday).
- 10U Softball (NCCGSL): 2 games and 1 practice per week (Monday-Saturday).
- 12U Softball (NCCGSL): 2 games and 1 practice per week (Monday-Saturday).
- 14U Softball (NCCGSL): 2 games and 1 practice per week (Monday-Saturday).
Practice schedules are based on field and volunteer coach availability. If your player cannot practice on a specific night, please provide that information in their registration comments. We will make every effort to assign them to a team that practices on a different night. This does NOT apply to game nights. Practice schedules are subject to change.
New in 2023! Based on your feedback, BBSC will no longer provide pants in our normal uniform issue for baseball or softball. Players are encouraged to purchase the style and fit of their choosing from any sporting goods store or online vendor (Don’t forget about Dick’s/BBSC Preseason Discount Weekend!). Softball pants should be graphite-colored. Baseball pants should be light gray-colored.
Players will receive the following uniform package. Registration fees are adjusted to accurately reflect the exact cost of these items for each division. Softball visors are optional wear and may be ordered through the BBSC Online Store.
Baseball/Tball: Jersey, Hat, Socks, Belt
Softball: Jersey, Socks, Belt
Age Division Determination
For information regarding required and recommended equipment for your athlete, please read our BBSC equipment guide (link). And remember, you can expect the BBSC/Dick’s Sporting Goods Preseason Discount Weekend (20% off) to be held around the same time that spring & fall registrations close!
Concessions volunteers may earn a $25 BBSC rebate for every 2-hour shift. Please use our online volunteer scheduling tool (link) to sign up or edit your shift.
Your child may be scheduled to play elsewhere from where you have registered for concession duty. BBSC has limited control of these schedules (especially Co-Op & NCCGSL), but we will work with you to change your concessions shift. If your shift is canceled due to inclement weather, you will be notified as soon as possible.
As the season approaches and the game schedules are released, additional volunteer opportunities may be added. Please check back after the schedules are released to find a volunteer opportunity that suits your schedule. If you need further information or questions, please email (
Additional Payment Options
If you wish to pay cash or check, please send an email to the BBSC Registrar (
) to set up an appointment.
No registrations will be accepted once the registration system closes except for exceptional circumstances approved by the BBSC Board. Additional fees may apply.
Every child living on the Broadneck Peninsula should have the opportunity to play baseball or softball, notwithstanding the ability to pay a registration fee. As such, BBSC annually grants full and partial scholarships. Please contact our Player Agent for more information (
). You may help financially support this program by marking the donation option in your player’s registration process.
A $20 service fee will apply to all refund requests, at the discretion of the league, to recover costs incurred by the league prior to the player's withdrawal. No refunds will be issued after the start of practice or uniforms are ordered without the approval of the League Registrar. Additional fees may apply. Refunds must be requested via email (
Should activities be canceled prior to the start of the season due to limitations set by the Anne Arundel County Recreations and Parks Department, registration fees will be refunded to your BBSC account in the form of account credit. A portion of these registration fees may be retained by BBSC for any non-refundable expenses that have been incurred up to the point of cancellation (i.e. uniforms, field preparation costs, etc).
Travel Team Registration
If you are attempting to register your child for a BBSC Travel team, please contact your team’s head coach for a link to the appropriate registration program. These programs are not publicly listed.