Due to COVID-19, we will not be offering any pre season clinics. We will await instruction from the WMSABC board on moving forward. If anyone would like to work on tumbling/jumps and cheer technique, the closest training facility is IMPACT1.
Cheer material and dances are below. We encourage cheerleaders to learn the material and practice it daily.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE EMAIL COACH ADAM AT: firstname.lastname@example.org
WMS Cheer Videos
All tryout material & instructional videos can be found at this direct link:
Look under the WMS Tryout 2019 folder for all tryout material. OR
You can access the videos through the HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC website under our High School Cheer page. Make sure you’re in the folder that says “WMS Tryout 2019.”
Track Dances: You will do one of the Track Dance Combos for your tryout
#2-“Baseball” (2 ripples) (6th and 8th grade do 2ndripple on counts 7, 8; 7th grade does 1st ripple on counts 5,6)
#3-“T-Bone” & “Victory”
#5-“Kicker” (revised video on line)
#8—Watch the video on “Transitional claps” so you know what to do between the dances
Track dance Combo 1: Flashdance, claps, Baseball, Shake-n-Bake (see video of combo on site)
Track dance Combo 2: Chin-Up, claps, Baseball, claps, T-Bone (see video of combo on site)
Track dance Combo 3: Kicker, claps, Baseball, claps, Choo Choo Train (see video of combo on site)
Chants: (XX=claps) (*=pause)
1. Green! Green! Yell-it, White! White! (2 ripples) (6th and 8th grade do 1st ripple; 7th grade does 2nd ripple)
2. Go Cats! XX Go Cats!
3. Up That Score, Cats, Up that Score!
4. Go! Hey, here we go! Wild Cats, Let’s Go! (6th and 8th grade do 1st ripple; 7th grade does 2nd ripple)
5. T-A-K-E Take it Take it
6. Defensive Line XX Take Charge!
7. Offense Wildcats Offense XX
8. XX Hey! XX We are the Cats!
9. Push’em back Cats Push’em back! XX
10. Take that ball away Big Green! Take that ball away!
11. Wildcats, Wildcats! Get Tough!
12. Attack let’s Fight! Go, Green! Go, White! (6th and 8th grade do 1st ripple; 7th grade does 2nd ripple
13. Get on your feet! Gooooooo Wildcats!
14. C’mon Crowd say it loud: Score, Cats, Score! XScore, Cats, Score! X
1. “Let’s Go Green” (all grades do ripple 3 only)
2. “Go Wildcats” (with 2 tricks)
3. “Go, Cats! Go, Cats, Go!” (all grades do ripple 1 only)
4. “Woo” (mortal combat theme song remix)—see revised video on website
We will continue to work on conditioning throughtout the season:
Toe Touch—see video
Splits—see video—both sides (don’t have to do center)
Cartwheel—see video—both right and left side cartwheels
Pushups—see video—10 without putting knees onground; sternum should touch the top of a can of food
Burpees—see video—15 in 60 secs
*Jump Rope—see video—5 min non stop (bring your own jump rope on July 22nd)
Run—see instructional pdf--On outdoor track