Frequently Asked Questions
This webpage provides some answers to frequently asked questions. If you have any question(s) about any aspect of our organization, please email
- When does registration start?
Registration for the 2018 MYB season will open January, 1st, 2018. Our league sends out an email each year to alert families that registration is open. If you are not on our email list but would like to sign up to receive future alerts, please send a message with your family name, phone number, and email to
. If your email address changes, please send a message with your family name, phone number, and new email to
- Can I register late?
MYB desires to accommodate all children who wish to play. Experience dictates, however, that registration deadlines are necessary to ensure that the organization can complete all the preparations for the season in a timely manner. For the 2018 Spring Season, registrations must be received by March 24, 2018.
Please note the following dates and fees:
- Regular registration: Jan. 1 – Feb. 25
- Late registration: February 26 – March 24 ($25 late fee/player)
**No exceptions to these dates. Once registration closes, your child may be placed on a wait list.
- How does MYB determine a player’s “baseball age”?
We are affiliated with the Cal Ripken and Babe Ruth National Organizations, so our age cut-offs are consistent with their rules. A player's "baseball age" is determined by their age as of April 30. For the upcoming Spring Season, players must be 7-15 years old as of April 30, 2018, NO EXCEPTIONS. Those players who turn 6 by August 31, 2018 play in our Spring Clinic.
- What are the different league levels in MYB?
Your child can play in Spring Clinic (under 7), A (ages 7-8), AA (ages 8-9), AAA (Ages 10-11), Majors (11-12), Raimo (age 13), and Babe Ruth (ages 14-15). Click here for details regarding each league.
5. How do I sign up to help coach?
If you are interested in coaching this season, you MUST now do three things:
2. Provide the requested information, so that we may perform the mandatory background check.
3. Attend the Coaches' Informational Meeting
- How do I unsubscribe from MYB’s email list?
Please send a message with the subject line UNSUBSCRIBE to
- How many practices and games per week can I expect?
Teams will have approximately 2-3 games and 1 practice/week on average. This is subject to change due to rain and other unpredictable weather conditions. Coaches will notify team members as soon as a decision is made. In addition, please check the MYB website at mhdbaseball.org.
8. What are the available programs?
Find all available programs here: Program
9. Who do I contact if I’m interested in volunteering opportunities?
Whether you’re interested in helping out with coaching, periodic field maintenance, or any other aspect of MYB, we welcome any and all helping hands! Please email