Elizabethtown United U6-U8 Player Development Program
- Program emphasis is on introduction of the game of soccer, technical skill development and having fun!
- Register online at www.etownunited.org
- T-shirt will be provided to each player
- Boys and Girls divisions for both U6 and U8
- U6 for players born in 2015, and 2016, 2017 birth year is on a case by case basis.
- U8 for players born in 2013 and 2014
- Players should bring a water bottle, shin guards, size 3 ball (U6) or size 4 ball (U8) and wear cleats to every practice and game
- U6 will practice on Wednesday nights from 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm at Masonic Homes Patton Field
- U8 practice is on Tuesday & Thursday at Masonic Homes Patton Fields:
- Boys - Tues 5:30-:6:30p; Thursday 6:30-7:30p (daylight permitting)
- Girls - Tuesday 6:30-7:30p (daylight permitting); Thurs 5:30-6:30p
- Practices begin Tuesday, March 24, 2020.
- All games will be played on Saturday mornings at Rheems Elementary School: March 28, April 4, 18, 25, May 4, 11, 18, and 30 in Spring 2020.
- All games will be played on Saturday mornings at Rheems Elementary School: September 12, 19, and 26 October 3, 10, 17, 24 and 31 in Fall 2020 .
U8 Girls (All): Start Time: 8:45am
U6 Girls (All): Start Time: 8:55am
U8 Boys (All): Start Time: 10:00am
U6 Boys (All): Start Time: 10:10am
- U6 - $40 per child
- U8 - $60 per child
- Multi-child discount
- Late Registration Fee - $10
- Parent coaches that will help run practices and assist with game day coaching. Coaches do not need prior soccer experience!!
- If you are interested in being a parent coach please contact the U6-U8 Coordinator at
Elizabethtown United Volunteer Coach Registration
The U6-U8 Player Development Program is successful because of your commitment as a parent coach. Thank you for volunteering. In order to register as a coach you will need to complete the following one week prior to the first practice:
Elizabethtown United U6-U8 Player Development Program Rules
U8: 35 by 25 yards
U6: 30 by 20 yards
U8: 4 x 4 with no goalie, max roster of 8 players
U6: 3 x 3 with no goalie, max roster of 6 players
U8: Size 4
U6: Size 3
The standard U8 goal size will be used for both U8 and U6 games
Duration of Game
U8: 4 quarters of 12 minutes with a 2 minute break between quarters
U6: 4 quarters of 8 minutes with a 2 minute break between quarters
Location of Game
All games will be played at the Rheems Elementary School
Laws of the Game
- Each player SHALL play a minimum of 50% of the total playing time
- After a goal, the play resumes at the halfway line. At the start of a kickoff, the player may pass in any direction to begin play. The player may not dribble to begin play.
- When the attacking player plays the ball over the end line, a goal kick shall be awarded to the defending team. At this time, the attacking team must retreat to the halfway line to allow the goal kick to be taken. Emphasis is to allow the team taking the goal kick to make a pass prior to any pressure is allowed.
- When the defensive team plays the ball over the end line, a corner kick will be awarded to the attacking team.
- At the start of any free kick the defending team must be at least 5 yards from the spot the kick is taken.
- There will be no throw-ins. When the ball crosses the touch line a kick-in will be awarded. This is to encourage completing a pass or passing into space.
- There will be no off-sides.
- There will be no penalty kicks.
- Goals must be scored from the offensive side of the half way line.
- Substitutions are only made when the ball is out of bounds.
- If a team is short a player, they should “borrow” a player from the opposing team. The purpose is for the players to play and get touches.
- No score will be recorded.