SOUTHLAKE CARROLL LACROSSE ASSOCIATION
The Southlake Carroll Lacrosse Association Scholarship Award is a $1,000 award open to graduating senior SCLA Varsity players, male and female.
• One $1,000.00 award to a male graduating Senior Varsity player
• To maintain the prestige and value, the scholarship will not be sub-divided to provide for more than one award per year
• The scholarship may not necessarily be awarded each year
• Must be graduating and planning to attend an accredited college/university within the coming year
• Participates in the SCLA Varsity level team during the current year
• Indicates a desire to continue in lacrosse.
• Demonstrates leadership and playing skill
• Demonstrates strong character
• Academic standing can be a strong consideration
REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION – Minimum:
• Coach’s recommendation
• Verification of academic status
• One character reference (teacher, clergy, employer, etc.)
• Qualification Essay written by the applicant. (500 word maximum)
• Essay Prompt: How lacrosse has impacted your life?
ANNOUNCEMENT OF AWARD:
• Presented at the SCLA annual awards banquet
• Recipient will receive payment after the SCLA receives written confirmation of the college/university admission. Payment will be sent to Bursar’s Office of that college/university
• Committee will consist of 3 Board Members and one non-board member
Application Due Date for the Scholarship is May 18th, 2021
Please turn in your documentation to the High School Athletic Director: