Please see below for the proper equipment for your player’s level of play. No player will be permitted to participate without the proper equipment including a mouth-piece. US Lacrosse has provided an equipment fitting guide to help best fit your players with equipment.
All equipment is the responsibility of the player, with the exception of the goalie which will be supplied by Middletown Youth Lacrosse.
Lightning Level (Kindergarten- 2nd grade): The required equipment will be mouth guard and stick.
This is an instructional clinic teaching your players the basics of lacrosse. Your player’s stick can be cut to the length of their arm. Cleats are not required for your player to participate in the Lightning Clinic. Please email
Cleat Information: We receive a bunch of questions on cleats and which are preferred or do we need to have separate ones. In the effort to help answer the question here are a few FAQs:
- You do not need to get special lacrosse cleats for lacrosse: you can use soccer, baseball and football cleats for lacrosse.
- If you know your player will be playing soccer, and you think one pair of cleats will work; then get soccer cleats. You will not be able to use lacrosse cleats for soccer.
Uniforms: Middletown Youth Lacrosse will provide for the player to keep reversible practice pinnies for Bantam through Senior. Game Jersey's are the property of MYL and will be collected at the end of each season. Players may purchase matching shorts at the beginning of the season - this is not required. Our game jerseys are columbia/light blue if you would like to purchase your own shorts, please purchase light blue or columbia blue.
Girls Lacrosse Equipment:
- Eye protection
- Headgear (Optional) Ask your coach for details
- Mouth guard
- Girl's lacrosse stick
Please note: A girl's sticks does not have a pocket. When you purchase your daughter’s stick, please ensure it is a girl’s lacrosse stick.
- Lightning & Bantam Level: Stick may be cut to match the length of a players arms
- Junior & Senior Level: Length 35.5” minimum, 43.25” maximum
Boys Lacrosse Equipment:
- Lacrosse Helmet (white preferred)
- Shoulder pads
- Elbow pads
- Lacrosse stick
- Protective cup
- Rib guards (Optional, but recommended)
- Lightning: Cut to fit player's arms
- All others: Standard sticks must be 37-42”
- Long stick (Junior & Senior only): 52-72"
Goalies: Goalie equipment is supplied by Middletown Youth Lacrosse and is the property of MYL.
- Chest Protector – supplied by and property of Middletown Youth Lacrosse
- Stick – supplied by and property of Middletown Youth Lacrosse
- Throat Guard – supplied by and property of Middletown Youth Lacrosse