Frequently Asked Questions
Girls 14U (7/8) Team
1. What are the goals of the program this year?
The primary goal of our recreational 14U program is still to have fun! We'll continue to build on the strong fundamentals the girls have worked on in previous seasons, and we welcome anyone who's new to the sport who wants to play. We'll introduce more strategic and tactical concepts where the girls will learn how to employ their passing and catching skills on both the offensive and defensive sides of the ball. We'll emphasize establishing a settled offense and implement a few set plays. We will also place emphasis on a cohesive defensive strategy. We will continue to build on teamwork, camaraderie, and apply lessons we learn from lacrosse to life. We will not only provide our players with the opportunity to learn lacrosse, but also emphasize honoring the game, our teammates, and our opponents.
2. Who will coach the program?
Beginning in the Spring 2019 season, all 14U coaches must be Level I certified through US Lacrosse. All GHLA 14U coaches are Level I certified. Parent volunteers will have the opportunity to support the teams in roles such as: sideline manager, timer, scorekeeper, field liner, and team parent.
3. When does the program begin and end?
The 14U teams will start practice the last week of February. Practice location and times won't be available until mid-February, but players can expect to have two to three 2-hour practices per week. Games will begin in mid-March and run through the first weekend in June.
Post-Season Opportunity: The decision to play in any post-season tournaments is left up to the coaches, parents, and players. They require additional fees that aren't covered by the GHLA registration.
4. What equipment do players need?
The following equipment is required of each female player:
- Lacrosse Goggles - Required (supplied by player)
- Lacrosse Stick - Required (supplied by player)
- Mouth Guard - Required (cannot be white, or clear) (supplied by player)
- Gloves - Optional
- Outdoor Cleats - Required (supplied by player)
- Jersey - Required for Games (purchased through club store by player to keep)
- Skirt - Required for Games (purchased through club store by player to keep)
- Practice Pinnies - Required (purchased through club store by player to keep)
- Players without required equipment will not be allowed to practice or participate in games.
5. Do you have rental equipment available?
We do not provide girls lacrosse rental gear. We do provide all goalie protective equipment and stick for our goalies. If your daughter has the desire to play goalie please talk to one of the coaches.
6. Are physicals required? Are new concussion forms required?
Physicals are not required at the 14U level. Concussion forms are required every year before players can practice. Every player must have a signed concussion form on file with the club. This is done by reading and signing the digital form during the registration process.
Signed concussion forms are required before players can practice and are good for one year from the date of signing.
7. Program Cost and Registration
Please refer to the red "Register Online" tab on the left for registration information, timelines, and payment. Player cost is $350. Every player MUST have a current US Lacrosse membership good through the end of June ($35 paid directly to US Lacrosse) in order to be eligible to register and participate in practice & games. http://www.uslacrosse.org/membership.aspx