DNLL Managing & Coaching
Managers and Coaches fill a very important role within DNLL and to have so many volunteers for this role is a reflection of the strength of our program. The lessons you teach our players may last a life time. Therefore it is very important that DNLL creates the best possible environment for our players and coaches. Therefore we have created 2 very important DNLL policies that all Managers and Coaches should become familiar with. Please review these policies prior to completing the Coach's (Volunteer) Application.
• Code of Conduct Policy
• Standards of Participation
There are many good learning aides out there but DNLL uses and recommends these concepts:
If you have any questions about coaching concepts or approaches please contact Player/Coach Development Director Mike Moroney via email
Each Division (TBall thru Major) has a defined set of rules intended to strike a balance between fun, competition and player development. Each Manager and Coach should become familiar with their division rules. Furthermore, each Manager should review them with their team as well as parents in order to set the season expectations.
Applying to become a Manager or Coach
If you are interested in Managing or Coaching a team, please complete the Coach’s (CORI/Volunteer) Application. In order avoid any confusion in completing this application please read the following:
- Applications MUST be completed by each person interested in coaching or managing at each level. Each manager is appointed for one season only. All positions are filled at the start of each season.
- A Manager is the person responsible for the team.
- Coaches assist the manager and recommended for appointment by the manager (or other league member) after the manager’s appointment by the league.
- In the event you are interested in either coaching or managing, please check both boxes on the form.
- Everyone that applies for a coaching or managing position will be subject to a background check through either the Sex Offender Registry or Criminal History Records.
- Even if you managed or coaches last season, you must complete a new application.
- On the application form where it asks if you have children in the program and at which level they participated in, please indicate their ages and what level they participated in last season.
- If you are only interested in managing or coaching at a specific level (i.e. Major, Minor, Farm, Tball), please attach a note indicating this information.
If you are interested please contact Jarod Waterman email address:
for further instructions.