Key Dates for Spring 2023:
- Spring Training (Indoor Event): Sunday, April 23rd from 2:00pm to 4:00pm (TSE East Rochester)
- First Game: Sunday, April 30th at 11:00am (PLL Ford Field Complex)
- PLL Parade: Saturday, May 6th at 10:00am (Sutherland HS to Ford Field Complex)
- Challenger World Series, Saturday, June 10th (Innovative Field fka Frontier Field)
- PLL Challenger Picnic: Sunday, June 25th immediately following games (Ford Field Complex)
Challenger baseball is an adaptive program that enables kids ages 4 to 18 who have mental and physical disabilities to play the game with the help of on-field buddies. Buddies are children (ages 12 and up) and adults who guide Challenger players at bat, on the bases, and in the field. Often buddies are peer athletes who participate in the PLL or play baseball and softball for their school.
Any individual with a physical or intellectual challenge may participate. The Challenger baseball program accommodates players ages 4-18, or up to age 22 if still enrolled in school; there is no cost to register for Challenger.
Challenger teams meet once per week, games are not competitive and typically last 90-minutes. All players play in the field and bat each inning.
For more information contact
Become a Buddy - More Information
Become a Buddy - Register
Spring 2023 Expected Schedule
The Pittsford Little League is open to all age-eligible players who go to reside in or go to school in Pittsford or East Rochester, NY.
2023 Challenger Age Chart.pdf