This routine can be performed by either gender. The following stick drills should be used daily in the off-season and several times per week during the season. Once you master your stick (which takes a lot of dedication) the rest of your game will fall into place with much less frustration. Stick with it!
1. Boys; gloves are mandatory
2. Girls; gloves are optional (if you wear them during a game wear them during practice)
3. Any wall is fine, but a smooth surface at least 10 feet tall is optimum (concrete, block)
4. Drills should take no longer than 30 minutes maximum
5. Stand approx.12-15 feet from the wall
6. Do not let the ball hit the ground
7. Pass and catch in the area above your shoulder; to the right or left of your head
8. Strong hand toss/catch,
9. Strong hand quick stick 50 times; then 50 times weak hand
10. Strong hand 1 hand catch and cradle 50 times; then 50 times weak hand
11. Strong hand catch and face dodge 50 times; then 50 times weak hand
12. Split dodge/ throw right catch right/ split to left hand throw left and catch left 50 times
13. Quick stick while the ball is in the air switch hands on every toss 50 times
14. Cross-handed 50 times each hand. Throw right rotate hands left and visa versa
15. One hand passing/shooting 50 times each hand (start with hand close to the stick head…as you get better and stronger move your hand down the stick shaft)…experiment
16. Behind the back 50 times each hand
17. Develop you own routine: if space is big enough jog down the wall while passing. Jog while catching to the right then reverse. Behind the head catching. Bounce pass catching.
18. Pass and catch with the wall by having the ball being either passed or caught in an unconventional manner or less than perfect spot. Less than perfect passes happen in EVERY game…get ready. Be the best you can be…… regardless of conditions.