TOPSoccer is an outreach program designed to allow children with special needs the opportunity to play soccer with peers and volunteers. The program is inclusive for kids ages 3 and up regardless of disability. We adapt the game of soccer to the ability of the kids so that every child is a winner. TOPSoccer measures success with smiles and not with scoring goals. This is accomplished with a wonderful team of volunteers called “Buddies.” We always cancel for rain so keep your eye on the ACYS Soccer homepage for weather updates. For information about becoming a player or a Buddy, see below. Everyone is promised fun so come on out! Hope to see you at the fields.
What TOPSoccer is all about:
- Session Dates: February 4, 11, 18, and 25th
- Session Time: 9:30AM - 11:00AM
- Location: Trotters Park
- Uniforms: Jersey top provided by ACYS at no cost to families.
- All athletes should wear their TOPSoccer T-shirt, (which is handed out on the first day), shorts, and shoes to play in. Cleats and shin guards are not required, but some older children like to wear them.
- All athletes should bring a water bottle.
- Parents are to remain at the fields while their children are playing.
- Please e-mail
if you have any questions.
(click Register Now to register your Athlete)
Be a BUDDY!
Volunteer as a Buddy! It's fun, rewarding, and a time to build memories that will last for a lifetime. No soccer experience required, but smiles, a fun spirit, and energy is a must! Buddies are the reason TOPSoccer succeeds year after year and has continued to grow. You don't need to buy any equipment to be a Buddy! Volunteers are expected to come to all sessions and participate in the activities.
(click Register Now to register a Buddy)
ACYS TOPSoccer Kids in Action
- Because volunteers will be working with children, a background check will be done on all Buddies. This is standard for every TOPSoccer Buddy in the U.S. age 18 and older.
- Dress appropriately in a TOPSoccer t-shirt, shorts and athletic shoes. No open toed shoes, dangling jewelry, tank tops, or revealing clothing please.
- TOPSoccer T-shirts will be given on the first night and Buddies need to wear their TOPS t-shirt thereafter.
- Cleats and shin guards are not required for Buddies.
- Bring a water bottle.
- Please email
if you need to miss a session so that your special children are not waiting.
Volunteers can earn service hours!
If you are using your TOPSoccer experience for a class requirement, each session is approximately 2-3 hours of volunteer credit. Buddies will complete 20 hours of volunteer time during a semester. Students requiring credit must attend the first session for training on the designated date and sign in and out at the fields each week. Please watch the website for weather updates! It can be raining cats and dogs at the fields, but be sunny and beautiful at your place and vice versa. Make sure you have confirmation of any cancelation before you decide not to come. Please arrive at the fields 20 minutes early to help the team with set up.
Become an ACYS TOPSoccer Supporter
If you are interested in helping ACYS become a standout TOPSoccer club, but not sure you are able to participate; you can make a donation by selecting the button below:
All donations will help bring a smile and memorable experience to all of our TOPSoccer players!
Please contact the ACYS Office at 407-521-2243 or email
if you have any questions.