WYB Majors Rules
1. The home team will keep the official book. Verify the score with visitors each inning.
2. "Big Barrel" bats stamped USA Baseball certified are permitted. "Big Barrel" bats stamped USSSA certified are NOT permitted. USSSA Bats with no more than 2 ¼ " in diameter are permitted.
3. Metal spikes are not permitted.
4. Basepaths will measure 70 feet. Pitching distance will be 50 feet.
5. The HOME team will wear RED jerseys and sit in the first base dugout. The AWAY team will wear BLUE jerseys and sit in the third base dugout.
6. All players present must be in the batting order. Bat the entire roster. Lineups should be exchanged before the game. Unlimited defensive substitutions are allowed, but the batting order may not change.
7. All batters, base runners, and catchers must wear protective headgear. Any player warming up a pitcher must wear a mask.
8. Games shall not exceed six (6) innings. Please do not BEGIN an inning after 1:50 hours of play.
9. Every effort should be made to begin games and innings promptly. Umpires should allow no more than 90 seconds between innings.
10. For returning pitchers, no more than five (5) warm-up pitches are permitted between innings. For new pitchers, no more than eight (8) warm-up pitches are permitted during a pitching change.
11. There will be a mandatory courtesy runner for the catcher with two outs. The runner shall be the batter who made the last out. Additionally, courtesy runners are permitted for the pitcher.
12. Base runners may lead off and steal at will. Base runners may steal home or advance home on a wild pitch or passed ball.
13. The Dropped Third Strike rule is in play. Catcher must catch the 3rd strike to complete the out, unless first base is occupied with less than 2 outs. With 2 outs and 1st base occupied, any forced runner can be forced out after a dropped third strike (for example step on home plate when bases loaded with 2 outs).
14. Runner must slide on close plays at any base. Runners who do not slide and who run into a fielder will be called out.
15. Pitchers may not pitch more than four (4) innings per game and seven (7) innings per week. The week begins on Monday and ends on Sunday night. One pitch in an inning equals one inning pitched. Once a pitcher is removed from a game he/she may not return to the game as a pitcher.
16. Teams will play with three (3) outfielders.
17. The infield fly rule will be observed but must be called by the umpire to take effect.
18. There is no mercy rule. However, any team with an eight (8) run lead, at the time they begin batting in an inning, may not score more than three (3) runs in that inning. If there is a lead less than 8 to begin an inning, the inning is over if the team gets to an 11 run lead. In addition, any time a team’s lead reaches eight (8) runs, including during an inning, it is no longer allowed to steal bases.
BE SAFE and HAVE FUN!