CSC Travel Program
The CSC Travel Program will require an increased commitment level from the CSC Recreational Soccer Program for players, parents and coaches. This will include, but is not limited to: time, expense, volunteering and expectations for players, parents and coaches.
The CSC Travel Program is a player-focused program that develops each player to their highest potential by focusing on three areas of their development: Technical skills, Club pride and a Love of the game.Many of the travel teams participate in tournaments throughout the season and often play more games than the recreational program. Practices are held twice a week and games can be on Saturday, Sunday, or both.
Travel Team Selection
Travel Teams will be ability based. CSC will use a combination of the previous coach’s evaluation, trainers who have worked with the team, and the tryout process to determine the player’s abilities. Abilities can change as players grow and mature both physically and within the game. Due to this, players are not guaranteed roster spots from year to year and both players and parents should understand and be prepared for such.
Players at U-9 must fall within the CSC Age Range Requirements listed below. CSC encourages all players to play at GRADE LEVEL (where possible). The majority of player’s birthdays correspond with both the CJSA age requirements and their grade in the fall, making it easy to determine the appropriate League Division (see chart below):
|Birth Year (BY)
||1/1/2011 - 12/31/2011
||1/1/2010 - 12/31/2010
||1/1/2009 - 12/31/2009
||1/1/2008 - 12/31/2008
||1/1/2007 - 12/31/2007
||1/1/2005 - 12/31/2006
All players must try-out for CSC travel soccer every year. If a current travel soccer player does not appear at tryouts he or she will not be placed on a team. Exceptions will only be made due to extraordinary circumstances (i.e. family emergencies or injury) with the permission of the Travel Director and Director of Coaching.
- Tryouts consist of two sessions - players must attend both sessions. If a player cannot attend both sessions, they must notify the Travel Director in advance of the tryout. Missing a tryout may affect a player’s chance of being placed on a travel team.
- Players may only tryout for one (1) travel age group team. Players that are not accepted on a team may not play for another CSC travel team in the same year.
Can a player play Premier and Travel?
- Yes. However, the player must attend at least (1) one CSC team practice per week.
- Exceptions must be approved by the Travel Director, Coaching Director and Team Head Coach.
- CJSA defines Premier as U13 and U14 only. Age groups U12 and below are considered Developmental and not subject to roster restrictions.
Can a player play other sports and Travel soccer?
- Yes - If the additional sport does not conflict with travel practices and games.
- No – If the sport is a direct conflict with travel soccer (i.e. Football). Players must attend both weekly practices (Excluding Premier & Excused absences) to participate in games.
Time Frames / Commitments
- Tryouts – May / early June
- YES Summer Camp – August (5 days / 1.5 hours in the evening).
- Team Practices - Practices begin the second week of August. Practices will be held at least twice a week for approximately 90 minutes each session.
- Practices will be selected by the Travel Director/ Field Coordinator prior to the season based upon field availability and requests.
- Players that play for Developmental or Premier Leagues are required to regularly attend at least one (1) practice per week (Any exceptions will be made through the Travel Director with guidance from the teams Head Coach).
- Generally, u9 – u10 teams will practice from 5:00pm – 6:30pm and u11 –u14 from 6:30pm – 8:00pm (Times and teams are subject to change based upon field availability and other variables)
- Games - Officially begin Labor Day weekend and can extend through mid-November. Each team will play four (4) home and four (4) away games.
- Tournaments – A general list of dates can be found below (subject to change):
- Labor Day Weekend
- Columbus Day Weekend (Away Tournament)
- Weekend after Columbus Day (optional)
- 1st Weekend in November
- CSC Awards Night – Held at the end of the season, mid-November. The following teams should plan on attending:
- Outgoing U14 Boys and Girls teams
- SEJSCA District winners
- CT Cup Champions
- CSC Meetings – Travel and Executive Board Meetings are held monthly and ALL are welcome. A list of dates / times is available on the General Events Calendar.
- Travel Committee Meetings
- CSC Executive Board Meetings
Additional information can be found in the Travel Guidelines or you can contact Anton Smith at