What to expect this spring for 2018
Titans lacrosse season:
· Registration opens November 13, 2017 and closed 1/13/208. If registration is closed please call Machelle Egle to see if there is a spot for your player. Just because registration is closed, doesn't mean all teams are filled. 970-310-8720 M-F after 6pm anytime on Saturday and Sunday
· Open House TBD- Parents and Players come meet your team.
· Season officially begins MARCH 1 2018.
· Practices will typically run 2 hours, 3 nights a week at several different parks. Fields will be given to Coaches and put on their home page here on the web site letting you know the park that you will be practicing at. Your coaches will decide on which nights of the week and the start time.
· Games- We play 8 or 9 games per year. Half of our games will be away games played in Boulder, Fort Collins, or the Denver area. Our home games- Field TBD for 2018.
· State Championship Tournament: This is on May 19th and 20st.. This year it WILL NOT be at Dick's Sporting Goods Park. They are moving over to strictly Soccer. CYLA is looking for Multi Field Complex around the Denver area to hold 2018 Championship Tournament at. MARK YOUR CALENDAR FOR THIS TOURNAMENT
· Rocky Mountain Jamboree Tournament is typically held the week after the State Championship Tournament. The tournament is so large that they use some additional fields in the Denver area. Last year is played as a double elimination tournament, meaning a team could play until they lose twice.
· Colorado Youth Lacrosse Association (CYLA) is our governing body for the boys.. All the teams we play are part of CYLA and they host the state championship. CYLA divides the teams up into three categories:
· Red for advanced
· White for intermediate
· Blue for beginners
It is expected that you will play mostly teams within your category but may occasionally play up or down a category. Categories are determined based on the previous year record, and the number of new and returning players.
Colorado Girls Lacrosse Association (CGLA) is the governing body for the girls. They will hold their State Tournament for 2018 at a different spot, since we are not playing at Dick's Sporting Goods Park.
· Age based categories- Youth lacrosse uses age based categories the cut off date is June 1 2017. Players are eligible for youth lacrosse through the 8th grade. ALL 9th grade players must play high school lacrosse.