North Boulder Little League AA Division Overview
For Players Ages 8 - 9
This division is for ages 8-9 (see the Little League Age Determination HERE) and is primarily child-pitch, although the batting tee will be used if 4 “balls” are recorded in order to keep the game moving and to encourage development of players at all positions. Generally, AA players have at least 1-2 years of baseball experience and can comfortably throw and catch a baseball.
At the AA level, teams are formed by the VP of Minors with the goal of creating balanced teams for the development and enjoyment of all players. We will also strive to honor limited requests to play with friends. Therefore, players in AA may request one friend on the registration form and mutual requests will be fulfilled (i.e. Player A requests to play with Player B, and Player B requests Player A). However, we can’t guarantee that each "non-mutual" request will be met. School data may also be used to help form teams, as well, so please ensure that your child's school information is up to date in the NBLL database. Coach requests by players are not accepted at the AA level.
- AA teams will generally have 2 games per week, and 1-2 practices per week. Practices will be scheduled at the discretion of the coaches
- AA teams will be scheduled for 14 regular season games, and may play a single-elimination post-season tournament
- Games will be played on Monday, Wednesday and Saturdays
- Opening Day is April 8th and the regular season will end before Memorial Day. If the post-season tournament is played, it will take place over the Memorial Day weekend
- NBLL will provide each player with a team jersey and cap that they will keep
- NBLL will provide baseballs and catchers equipment for the players to use
- The players must provide the balance of their uniforms (cleats, pants, socks and belts), bats, batting helmets and a baseball glove
Players in the AA Division (ages 8 and above) are eligible for selection to an All-Star Team that will participate in a post-season tournament at the District level and potentially at the State level in July.
Any player registering for this division must live or attend school within the geographic boundaries defined for NBLL. For more information on player eligibility and the NBLL geographic boundaries, click HERE.
Minor league managers and coaches are needed! Please consider sharing your time and enjoyment of baseball with NBLL players. Training is provided! Click here for more details.
Questions about Minor Leagues? Interested in volunteering your time as a manager or coach in the minor leagues? Please contact the VP of Minors, Justin Berg, at