In-House Rec Program Information
The In-House Recreational program includes 9 weeknight practices at Hotchkiss Field in the town of Prospect and 8 Saturday morning games in Prospect and Beacon Falls.* The program currently has five divisions that include U6 (Under 6) coed, U7/U8 Boys, U7/U8 Girls, U9/U10 Boys and U9/U10 Girls. Games are played on Saturday mornings against teams within each team's own division. Scores and standings are not kept and every player is guaranteed to play at least 50% of each game (except in the event of injury or discipline).
The registration fee includes a shirt, professional training time every week provided by Everson Soccer Academy, an end of the season party and a weekly curriculum for parent coaches to follow. Coaches are always in need. There is no soccer experience necessary, just a willingness to work with children and to learn.
*Games alternate between Pent Rd Field in Beacon Falls and Hotchkiss Field in Prospect starting during the Fall season.
A player must not use equipment or wear anything that is dangerous to himself or another player (including any kind of jewelry).
The basic compulsory equipment of a player comprises the following separate items:
- a jersey or shirt with sleeves – if undergarments are worn, the color of the sleeve must be the same main color as the sleeve of the jersey or shirt
- shorts – if undershorts or tights are worn, they must be of the same main color as the shorts
- shin guards
- soccer cleats
- are covered entirely by the socks
- are made of rubber, plastic or a similar suitable material
- provide a reasonable degree of protection
- stop 2-3 inches below the knee
The ball should be the appropriate size for the players age.
- Size 2 — U4 - U5
- Size 3 — U6 - U8
- Size 4 — U9 - U12
- Size 5 — U13 and up