Welcome to The Lady Warriors
Girls Lacrosse Program
Lacrosse is one of the fastest growing sports in the country. The Dunkirk Warriors Girls Lacrosse program is dedicated to
teaching the game of lacrosse to girls from kindergarten through eighth grade and promoting teamwork and sportsmanship to
all involved. We promise that you will have lots of fun while also learning the techniques and strategies that make lacrosse
such an exhilarating sport!
We participate in the Anne Arundel County Recreation and Parks Lacrosse league which is comprised of teams from the “hot-bed”
of lacrosse in Maryland. The league is highly competitive and well organized.
All Dunkirk Warriors Lacrosse teams are open to players of any skill level, including beginners!
If there are questions, please e-mail: DunkirkLadyWarriors@gmail.com
"Like us" on Facebook at: Dunkirk Warriors Boys and Girls Club
***IMPORTANT*** - There will be a uniform fitting at Fairview Library for all new uniform orders. Date/Time TBD. I highly encourage you to attend a fitting as the uniform tends to run small. Uniforms are personalized with your last name so there are no exchanges.
All pro Sizing chart
GIRLS LACROSSE PROGRAMS:
All players in uniform shall play a minimum of 50% of each game. Exceptions made when squad is so large to make this mathematically impossible or in cases of injury or disciplinary action.
STICKLETTES: Grades Pre-K - 2 (NOTE: Pre-K is girls who will be entering Kindergarten in the fall)
The Sticklettes program is focused on fun and instruction. Teams play a 6 vs. 6 format on a half sized field with no goalie and no checking.
One pass rule applies: players must attempt to make one pass to another player before being allowed to shoot on goal. Games are officiated by coaches.
Outdoor practices begin middle to end of March. Practices will be scheduled between Dunkirk Park, Ward Park, and/or Talbot Field in Lothian, MD. Teams practice twice per week for approximately 1 hour until games begin in April. Then, practice will be once per week with one game per week. Practice days and times are determined by the coaches. If your daughter is experienced and in 2nd grade, she may register at the Pee Wee level.
All PEE WEE, MIDDIE, and JUNIOR games are refereed by league officials. Practices will begin between February 25 and March 1, weather dependent. All games will begin in the middle of March and conclude by Memorial Day.
PEE WEE: Grades 3 - 4
The Pee Wee program continues to emphasize basic skills and instruction while introducing some basic plays.
Teams play an 8 vs. 8 format on a half sized field with a goalie; modified checking Minimum pass rule applies. Most games are played on small sided grass fields.
MIDDIE: Grades 5 – 6
The Middie program continues to emphasize fundamentals and introduces more plays and strategy.
The Middie program includes an end of season single elimination playoff for top seaded teams. Most games are played on full size turf fields.
JUNIOR: Grades 7 - 8
The Junior program introduces more advanced techniques are introduced while continuing to work on skills, key plays and strategies.
The Junior program includes an end of season single elimination playoff for top seeded teams. Most games are played on full size turf fields.
All girls require the following personal equipment:
- Women’s LAX regulation lacrosse stick. Very expensive sticks are designed for powerful, experienced players. If your daughter is K-8, it is not necessary to buy a top-of-the-line stick. By the time they grow into the capability of that stick, there will be better technology out there! A stick in the range of $50 is sufficient for the beginner to intermediate player.
- US LACROSSE approved protective Goggles
- Colored mouth guard (no white or clear allowed)
- No jewelry
2023 Sport Fees and Related Expenses -
Sticklettes: $60.00 (includes game pinnie)
Pee Wee: $135.00
(late fee of $25 applies to all levels starting March 15th.
The levels may fill completely before the end of the registration period, and therefore close early. So don't miss out, register now!
Uniform (all levels):
Game Jersey: $45.00 (new)
Game Short: $35.00
Optional is a practice pinnie: $15.00
2023 Season Coaches
Sticklettes: Catherine Regan
Pee Wee : TBD
- Sticklettes can choose to play up if they are in 2nd grade and have played before. If your daughter has never played before and is in 2nd grade, Sticklettes is the team to be on.
- Players can only play on one team
- Players playing on High School scholastic lacrosse team at any level cannot play in County Leagues
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT GIRLS LACROSSE:
Where can I buy my equipment?
- Lax Unlimited(Annapolis)
- Dick’s Sporting Goods
What days do we practice?
- Pee Wee, Middie & Junior Teams generally practice two days per week.
- Sticklettes practice twice a week until games start, then practices will be once a week with a weekday game.
- Coaches will determine what days you will practice.
When do practices begin?
- For Pee Wee, Middie, and Junior teams, practices will start between February 15 – March 1, weather dependent.
- A free clinic will be offered in March, dates TBD, ages Pee Wee, Middie & Junior.
- For Sticklettes,outdoor practices start the late March or may begin beginning of April depending on the weather temperatures.
When do games begin?
- For Pee Wee, Middie, and Junior teams, games start the middle of March.
- The county typically posts game schedules the week prior to games beginning.
- For Sticklette teams, games start in April.
If you have questions, please e-mail us at: DunkirkLadyWarriors@gmail.com