Thank you for joining our CAA Basketball Volunteer Community.
Every year the CAA sponsors a basketball tournament for boys and girls traveling teams in grades 4 – 8. This tournament is only possible by the volunteers from our board, parents, coaches and community members. In fact, our success is dependent upon our volunteers. Each family can do their part to ensure the success of our tournament by signing up for 2 volunteer shifts for each player in the program. We have a variety of shifts and positions available at multiple locations. Below you will find a brief description of the 6 key volunteer positions we have at our tournament in 2020:
- Site Setup: As a Site Set up team member your goal is to fully prepare the location for th next day's tournament games
- Welcome Desk: welcome parents and players as they enter buildings, answer questions, provide directions, ensure safety protocals are followed, escort players to staging areas
- Time Clock/Score Keeper: Game clock management, keep score on scoreboard, sweep floors between games
- Safety & Cleaning: Keeping the courts and public areas sanitized and clean for all coaches, players and spectators, specifically inbetween games
- Site Clean Up - As a Site Clean up team member your goal is to clean up the facility such that it does not appear that a tournament took place there over the weekend
- Floater: Support the Site Director in all duties, this might include, safety checks, running time clocks, helping with setup/cleanup, etc.
Some year's the following volunteers are also needed, although not in 2020:
- Concessions: Prepare food, serve customers, accept payments, make change, handle money
- Runner: assisting the Tournament Concession Lead with deliveries of items from different locations/gyms; expect to make several trips during your shift
If you would like to learn more about each volunteer role, and what you can expect to do during your volunteer shift, click on any of the roles above, each of them is a hyperlink to a detailed role description.
The 2020 Brackets will be available here.
Game brackets will be made available approximately two weeks in advance of the tournament. An email with a link will be sent to all CAA basketball families once the brackets are available.
Before signing up to volunteer you will want to understand your player's schedule. Please review the brackets and sign up for your shifts accordingly. If you sign up in error, or while your player has a game, it is your responsibility to ensure your shift is covered.
We utilize the volunteer management system provided by Tourneyville. In order to sign up for volunteer shifts you first must register on the Tourneyville site. This is quick and simple and only requires an email address. If you have volunteered at our tournament in the past, you do not have to re-register, simply login with your user name and password.
To register for the first time visit: https://tourneyville.com/adm/volunteer/register/registerUser.aspx?clientID=26
Once you have registered you are ready to sign up for two volunteer shifts per player. We strongly recommend referencing the tournament brackets before signing up for any volunteer shifts. This will ensure you only sign up for shifts when your player(s) don’t have games.
Now that you are registered and know when games times are you are ready to sign up to volunteer:
- Sign into Tourneyville – recall you email address is your username and the password you previously registered
- Click on the “Shift Sign Up” button at the top of the page
- Select your 2 shifts – please make note of the location and date of the shift you are selecting. Volunteer shifts are available on both Saturday and Sunday across 7 different locations
- Review your account page and ensure there is an accurate email AND phone number on record so that you can receive reminders on your volunteer shifts
- Go Volunteer! You are all set. Please show up ~15 minutes in advance of your shift and check in with the Site Director to get started.
If you have any questions about volunteering Tournament Volunteer Director at:
Thank you for being a part of our CAA basketball community and helping us provide an amazing basketball tournament to our surrounding communities.
We could not do this without your support!