Canyon Creek Little League Board Meeting Minutes May 16, 2011 Toltec Cabana
Present: Rick Charles, David Verespey, John Morris, Lorraine Kalich, Michael Marver, Ross McKeon, Paul Leffel, Scott Anderson, John Giffins, Diana Waterson, David Lawrence, Michelle Stanchina, Kelvin Friedel, Josh Navarez, Dave Rostratter, Michelle Simpson
The Meeting was called to order by Kelvin Friedel at 7:ll p.m.
1. Presidents Report– All Summer tournaments have been approved except for Danville. A Batting Cage Committee will be formed to look into costs, locations, etc. We have been accruing donations through the website and would like to get the project moving forward. Recruiting efforts to begin for board members not returning for the 2012 season. CCLL board members represented the league at Small Claims Court on May 9 to defend the case brought by Diane Gross, suing for refund of registration fees. The court found in favor of Canyon Creek and no refund is required.
2. Sponsorship Report - Plaques and jackets for sponsors will be ordered and distributed by Michelle Stanchina and John Morris. The souvenir program will be done by Ross McKeon. All sponsors will be included in the program. The program will be distributed by mail along with a registration reminder sometime in August.
3. Treasurer Report– Invoices from Alpine still have not been received. More checks need to be ordered. Volunteer hours need to be collected and approved by managers so checks may be distributed.
4. Training Coordinator– Training for Across the Diamond is tapering off. $24,000 of the approved $25,000 budgeted for training as been used.
5. Juniors Program- Dave Rostratter explained the logistics of the upcoming junior’s program. There will be split teams for All Stars, CCLL and SRLL will have there own teams. Uniforms, equipment, fields, etc. will be needed to be ordered and reserved. Registration for the junior’s program will now be on CCLL’s website.
6. 50/70 Update– 50/70 tournament in Aptos went extremely well. There will be a tournament held Memorial Day weekend in Danville. Both an 11 year old and 12 year old team will represent CCLL. It was discussed implementing the 50/70 program halfway during the regular season. Further discussion will follow.
7. Challenger Update– The Challenger Jamboree will be held at Fallon Fields on May 28, 2011 at 9:30. There will be 26 teams playing and expected 1,200 people attending. Volunteers are requested to help out at the event. A motion was made by Kelvin Friedel and seconded by David Versepey that CCLL donate the amount of $250 to help with preparation of the upcoming Challenger’s Jamboree. All were in favor and the motion passed.
8. General Discussion
a. All-Stars- Information will go out this week regarding registration.
b. Equipment– Equipment returns will be Sunday, June 11 at 7:30-11:30 a.m. and 4:00-7:00 p.m. Four volunteers will be needed, Michelle Simpson to coordinate. Division directors will give instructions to the managers on returning their equipment.
c.Trophies – Trophies have been received and will be distributed to the younger divisions.
d.Event Review – There were no major complaints about there being no Mid-Season Classic. Possible expedition games for the month of March (not counting in the standings) were discussed.
e.Player Movement – No more player movement will be taking place. There was a discussion regarding injury call ups and possibly changing the two week injury time frame. No conclusion was made and further discussion will follow.
f. Safety Review - More ice packs will be purchased for distribution.
g.Golf Tournament - BJ Campbell Memorial Golf Tournament will be held at Crow Canyon Country Club on Monday, August 8. All proceeds will go to benefit CCLL.
h.Single A Division – There was some discussion on how to keep “A” division interesting for kids who are in that division for the second year. It’s hard to go from coach pitch back to kid pitch in year 2. It was discussed in implementing a minor “A” and major “A” designation with different pitching rules.
Next Board Meeting– June 20, 2011.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:25 p.m.
Jeni Bernard – CCLL Secretary 2010/2011