2022 Summer Softball League!
This year CCYBS will again participate in the MiddleEssex League.
We are looking to field teams for girls of ages U10,U12, U14, and U18.
Please Click Here to register your daughter preliminary registration.
In the past in it's been difficult to field a summer team because of summer scheduled. We will be looking to register 15-20 players per age group to form a team.
We’ll be conducting a 2 part registration. All players interested in will register with the preliminary links supplied here. When we form we’ll send out a secondary link with the registration information and collect the registration fees.
Registration cost will be $175 this season. Uniform costs will be additional like we did for the spring season. However Pants, Socks, Jersey and Belts will all remain the same. Depending on the number of teams, Jerseys may or may not change color and/or number, so I’d plan on replacing them at about a $40 cost when we open up the store. This again will all be determined after team formation.
MiddleEssex is a competitive summer softball league comprised of players from towns all over the metro north Boston area. The level of play will be higher than it is this spring. Summer play will normally start the last week of June and end the first week of August.
We look to have teams of around 15-20 players, and expect players to come to about 2/3rds of the games. These larger team sizes allow families the flexibility to take vacations.
If it becomes necessary to hold evaluations we will contact everyone with the dates/times of it. This will only be necessary if we have too many registrants and can’t accept all players.
Registration will be open to players in the following age groups:
· U10: Players must be 9 or 10 years old on January 1st, 2022.
· U12: Players must be 11 or 12 years old on January 1st, 2022.
· U14: Players must be 13 or 14 years old on January 1st, 2022.
· U18: Players must be 15-18 years old on January 1st, 2022.
* CCYB will adhere to the MiddleEssex eligibility rules for players. Players are expected to play within their age group and *not* their grade. (Note: this is different from our spring age brackets)
* Roster Eligibility - Due to League eligibility requirements, our teams are open to players who live in Concord or Carlisle.
Many years, we have placed all girls who are interested in playing. However in some years, when we've had a high interest level, we've had to take girls on as alternates. We normally look to place enough girls on each team so that we can maintain some flexibility in attendance, knowing that vacations and other summer activities do conflict.
Here’d some more scheduling information:
- We ask that girls making a commitment to the team plan on making about 2/3rds of games on the schedule.
- We will have 14 MiddleEssex Games over a 7 week period (Early July - 1st Week of August)
- Games are normally twice a week on the weekday evenings, with as needed practice on the weekends or weekdays.
PLEASE REGISTER ASAP so we can look at numbers and make sure we have enough players to form teams. We will only enter teams if we have 15-20 players. We will look to place every player registered.
For additional information on the U10, U12, U14 or U18 leagues please contact (