West Cobb Girls Softball Concession Duty Policy
Our concession stand operation is one of the primary means of generating revenue to support West Cobb Girls Softball. The funds help cover operating costs including umpire fees, player equipment, field equipment and facility improvements. Your participation in covering a single concession shift during the season helps to sustain our concession stand operation and ultimately keep player participation costs down.
Each player who registers to play at West Cobb Girls Softball must have a parent or guardian that meets the league's concession duty participation requirement.
There are two options to for meeting the concession duty requirement:
Option 1: Opt-out of concession duty participation by paying a non-refundable $50 fee. During the player registration process, you will have the option of paying the $50 opt-out fee in addition to your player's registration fee. No further concession duty participation will be required.
Option 2: Participate in team concession duty with a $75 refundable deposit. If you elected the $75 concession deposit option you are asked to participate in a single concession shift (usually 4 hours) assigned to your daughter’s team. The $75 fee is per player unless they have sisters playing on the same team.
Important: Your $75 refundable deposit is due at the first practice in the form of a personal check. Make your check payable to West Cobb Girls Softball.
Concession Duty Process:
- One parent or legal guardian representing each player must be present at the start of their assigned shift and stay for the duration.
- For safety reasons, children under 18 years of age may not participate in the concession stand operations.
- All parents/player representatives must sign in at the start of their shift. A team sign in sheet will be available for each shift.
- A WCGS Board Member will be present to supervise each shift.
- Individual concession duties will be assigned by the Board Member on duty.
- Make up dates will be available if you cannot attend your assigned team shift. Make ups must be scheduled in advance of your team’s assigned shift. Please request a make up date through your coach.
- If you fulfill your assigned shift OR your team is not assigned duty, your deposit check will be destroyed post-season.
Concession Deposit Refunds:
If you attend your assigned team shift or pre-arranged make up date and fulfill your given duties, your $75 deposit check will be destroyed post-season. Only if necessary will a deposit check be returned and it must be prearranged with your team's League Director or WCGS Treasurer.
Concession Duty Calendar:
A schedule of assigned team duties and available make up dates will be available and part of the first release of the fall season game schedule. Schedules will be posted on the WCGS web site, www.wcgsoftball.com, when available.
If you have questions, please contact