General Safety Information and Tips
Safety information and tips for parents, managers, coaches, and league officials
The safety of players and anyone that attends a Canyon Creek Little League event is top priority. It is important to understand that safety is "everyone's job". Prevention is the key to keeping accidents to a minimum. Players should wear Little League-approved helmets and other equipment to keep them safe while playing.
Little League Child Protection Program
In accordance with Little Leagues' Child Protection Program, all leagues (including Canyon Creek Little League) are required to conduct background checks on managers, coaches, board of directors members and any other persons, volunteers or hired workers, who provide regular service to the league and/or have repetitive access to, or contact with, players or teams. Individuals are also required to complete and submit a Little League Volunteer Application to their local league. Select from the links below to learn more about this vital aspect of Little League’s mission.
In the event of an accident, CCLL requires an accident report form to be completed and submitted to the Safety Officer. Please be patient, the questions asked help us learn from the accident and prevent future occurrences.
If your child requires medical attention, a doctor’s release will be required before they can return to active participation in league activities.
Ten Important Safety Rules to Observe
- Be alert
- Check fields for safety hazards
- Wear proper equipment
- Make sure equipment is in good shape
- Ensure that First Aid is available
- Maintain control of the situation
- Maintain discipline
- Safety is a team sport
- Be organized
- Have Fun!!!
Safety Tips for Parents
- Please bring your cell phone to games or practice.
- Promptly pick up your child from practice and games.
- Make sure the coach has your current contact information.
- On very hot summer days, make sure that both you and your child drink plenty of liquids. Bring extra water to practices and games.
- During hot San Ramon days of summer, wear sunscreen and a hat or sunglasses.
Safety Gear for Players
- Properly fitted rubber soled cleats
- Baseball Cap
- REMOVE ALL JEWELRY- under Little League rules, only medical bracelets are permitted
- Sunscreen In warm/hot weather, please encourage children to wear sunscreen.
- Bottle of water, Bring extra water for hot days.
Safety Gear for Catchers
Top of Page