Frequently Asked Questions (and Answers)
Here are some answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) regarding the Loudoun South Little League program. If you have questions you would like to see included here, please email us at
- Who is eligible to participate in Loudoun South Little League?
- How can I be sure my child resides within the Loudoun South Little League boundaries?
What is required to prove my residency?
- How do I register for Loudoun South Little League?
- What equipment does the league provide?
- Where will practices and games be held?
- When will practices be held?
- How often will practices be held?
- Will we be able to pick our practice night?
- Can we request a specific coach or teammate during registration?
- Do we need to provide a copy of the player's birth certificate?
- How are players assigned to teams and divisions?
- Who needs to tryout for the spring season?
- What is LSLL's waitlist policy?
- What qualifications do I need to become a manager?
- What volunteer opportunities are available?
- What is the refund policy?
- What does my registration fee pay for?
1. Who is eligible to participate in the Loudoun South Little League (LSLL)?
LSLL offers baseball programs from T-ball through Seniors division for boys and girls. The following criteria must be met to be eligible to play in the LSLL.
Age: LSLL is open to players with a league age of 5-15.
Residency: LSLL is open to players living within our boundaries. Little league sets the criteria for how a player is considered a resident of our boundaries. In general, if either of the player's parents or a player's court-appointed legal guardian resides within the boundaries then that player is eligible to play within LSLL.
For eligibility questions, contact the league's Information Officer at
2. How can I be sure my child resides within the LSLL boundaries?
The established boundaries for LSLL are as follows:
- West: Oatlands Road, Snickersville Turnpike, Cobb House Road, & Champe Ford Road
- North: Goose Creek
- East: Beaverdam Reservoir, Brambleton Park west boundary, Ryan Road, Loudoun County Parkway Extension, Eastern Loudoun County border (south of Rt. 50) and Route 50
- South: Fauquier County, Prince William County, and Fairfax County lines
Please click on the boundaries link to see a map of Loudoun South Little League boundaries. You can plot your address on the Google map to determine if you are within our boundaries. If you are still unclear after viewing the map, please email us at
What is required to prove my residency?
Each player must provide proof of residency in LSLL boundaries. Residence shall be established and supported by CURRENT documents from THREE OR MORE of the following categories to determine residency of such parent(s) or guardian:
- Driver’s License
- Voter’s Registration
- School records
- Welfare/child care records
- Federal records
- State records
- Local (municipal) records
- Support payment records
- Homeowner or tenant records
- Utility bills (i.e., gas, electric, water/sewer, phone, mobile phone, heating, waste disposal) (within past 3 months)
- Financial (loan, credit, investments, etc.) records
- Insurance documents
- Medical records
- Military records
- Internet, cable or satellite records (within last 3 months)
- Vehicle records
- Employment records
NOTE: most people have the three required documents in their cars! A current Driver's License, current Vehicle Registration, and current Vehicle Insurance Card meet the requirements!
3. How do I register for Loudoun South Little League?
Loudoun South Little League is accepting on-time registrations through January 17, 2021. A player must be registered online. Specifics registration details are here.
- On-Time Registration: December 5, 2020 - January 17, 2021:
- $175 per player + $15 personal protection fee + $25 capital improvement fee + $25 fundraising fee
- $150 + $15 personal protection fee for 2nd registration in the same family
- $125 + $15 personal protection fee for 3rd registration in the same family
- Late Registration: January 18, 2019 - February 28, 2021 -- Late registration is subject to availability on a per-age basis. Some divisions may be full, so participants registering late will be placed on the waitlist with no guaranteed placement. $200 per player + $15 personal protection fee + $25 capital improvement fee + $25 fundraising fee.
The registration system will automatically calculate the amounts above once the registration has been submitted.
For families of 2 or more children, the final screen of the registration process displays a "Register Another" option. Please select that (as opposed to the "Pay Now" button) to register a 2nd or 3rd child. Once all of the registrations are complete the family balance will reflect the total amount owed for all children.
4. What equipment does the league provide?
The league will provide each team with team hats, team shirts, and catcher's protective gear. A player is required to provide an athletic cup, baseball glove, baseball cleats, batting helmet, and baseball pants, and optionally, a baseball bat.
If a player wears glasses, the glasses must have non-breakable lenses and a strap to keep them on the wearers head.
5. Where will practices and games be held?
All of our games and practices will be scheduled at fields allocated to LSLL by Loudoun County Parks and Recreation. In the past, these fields have included (but are not limited to) Buffalo Trail, Cardinal Ridge, Creighton's Corner, Hutchison Farm, Little River, Liberty and Pinebrook Elementary Schools; Lunsford, Mercer and Stone Hill Middle Schools; Brambleton Park, Byrnes Ridge, Edgar Tillet, and the Lions Fields (off Rt. 50).
The availability of these fields is subject to the discretion of Loudoun Parks and Recreation.
6. When will practices be held?
Practices are expected to begin on/around March 13.
The actual start date will be determined by the date the fields are released by Loudoun County Parks and Recreation.
7. How often will practices be held?
Practices will be held twice a week (one weeknight and one Saturday) before games begin, then once a week after the season starts with two games during the week (one weeknight and one Saturday).
T-ball practices will be held twice a week (one weeknight and one Saturday) before the games begin and then there will be one or more games a week.
8. Will we be able to pick our practice night?
Practice nights will be determined based on the number of teams and the fields available on any given night. That night may vary from week to week. Specific practice night requests will not be able to be accommodated.
9. Can we request a specific coach or teammate during registration?
It is extremely difficult for the league to accommodate coach or teammate requests given our league size. Therefore, requests can not be honored and all team assignments will at the discretion of the LSLL Player Agents. If this places an undue burden on your player or family, please contact the league via email as will evaluate these on a case by case basis.
During our spring season for our upper divisions (A, AA, AAA, Majors, Juniors, and Middle School), player evaluations and drafts determine team placement, so requests will not be able to be accommodated.
10. Do we need to provide a copy of the player's birth certificate?
Little League requires all players to provide copies of birth certificates to verify eligibility to play in the league, as well as documents proving residency in LSLL boundaries. Birth certificate and residency documents should be provided via e-mail, mail or drop off as indicated on LSLL's home page. Any questions can be directed to the LSLL player agents at
NOTE: No player will be able to play with Loudoun South Little League until his/her age and residency is verified.
11. How are players assigned to teams and divisions?
All players are assigned to an appropriate division by the LSLL Player Agents based on:
- Participant's Playing Age
- Previous Little League experience (number of seasons played and previous divisions)
- Manager/Coach evaluations from any previous season
- Number of players/teams at each level that can be accommodated by available fields
- Overall benefit to league (e.g., competitive balance, scheduling, etc)
- Evaluation results
Players eligible for Single A and above will be evaluated for the division they are eligible for. Those players who meet the criteria for the next division will be drafted onto a team in that division; those who do not will play in their current division for the upcoming season.
12. Who needs to attend evaluations for the spring season?
All players who played Rookie or above in Spring 2020 will be invited to evaluations. All new players 8-years-old and older will be invited to evaluations.
Players who do not meet these criteria will be placed on teams solely based on experience and former coach evaluations.
13. What is LSLL's waitlist policy?
Players who sign up late (i.e., after registration closes) will be placed on the waitlist. You will not be charged for registration unless an opening becomes available to the player. Players on the waitlist will be placed on teams on a first come first served basis upon availability.
14. What qualifications do I need to become a manager?
A Manager, first and foremost, needs a willingness to work with kids and a love of sports. Applicants should list any past playing and coaching experience in youth sports, not limited to baseball. Applicants will be selected based on the above qualifications and based on the needs in each division.
All Managers must complete a background check and be approved by the Board of Directors prior to assignment to a team.
15. What volunteer opportunities are available?
Loudoun South Little League is a completely volunteer-organization, from the Board of Directors to the Managers. There are many volunteer opportunities available. Some of these include:
- Umpire / Team Umpire
- Game Coordinator
- Field Maintenance
- Fundraising / Spirit Wear Coordination
- Evaluations/Tryout Support
- Opening Day or Championship Day Support
- Concession Stand Support
All families must pick a volunteer position at the time of player registration. Please contact the
if you have questions. NOTE: LSLL reserves the right to charge $100 for any volunteer who does not fulfill their obligation during the current baseball season.
Many volunteer positions require a background check. Specific information about background checks are located under the Volunteer Center.
16. What is the refund policy?
We understand that at times you may need to cancel a player’s registration and request a refund. Because LSLL’s expenses to process a registration, order uniforms, etc. increase the closer we get to the start of the season, we have established this Policy to indicate the amount of refund you may receive at various points in time.
To receive a refund, cancelation of registration must be received via email no later than 11:00 pm ET by the dates specified below. Please send an e-mail to the
and include the child’s full name, home address, and a reason for cancelation in the text of the email. Please refer to the following timeline for refund deadlines and amounts.
For the Spring 2021 season, if Loudoun South Little League receives your cancelation:
On or before January 17, 2021 (Spring Season) – You will receive a full refund.
On or before February 14, 2021 (Spring Season) – You will be refunded your registration fee less a $25 processing fee.
On or before March 7, 2021 (Spring Season) – You will be refunded your registration fee less a $50 processing fee.
Cancellations received after March 7, 2021 – no refunds.
For the Fall 2020 season, if Loudoun South Little League receives your cancellation:
On or before August 8, 2020 (Fall Season) - You will receive a full refund.
On or before August 22, 2020 (Fall Season) - You will be refunded your registration fee less a $25 processing fee.
Cancellations received after August 22, 2020 - no refunds.
Please allow 2-3 weeks to process your refund.
In general, once we have placed the order for the uniforms and equipment, the league will stop issuing refunds.
The refund policy applies the same to every single child registered in LSLL. The refund applies per child, not per family. Families with more than one child playing LSLL baseball will have the appropriate processing fee applied to each child that a refund is requested.
We strongly advise children to get their parent's or guardian's permission before submitting any kind of personal data over the Internet. We urge parents to be very clear with their children regarding the danger of giving personal information to anyone (online or in person) they don't know. We also encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children and to participate in the activities offered on the sites they visit.
Parents and legal guardians have the opportunity to restrict Loudoun South Little League access to any personal information collected from children under the age of 13. At Loudoun South Little League, we don't collect personal information about you or your children online (name, address, e-mail, and so on) unless you provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly. There are typically only two reasons we will ask for personal or contact information from you:
1. to register you for a baseball/softball season
2. to enable us to respond to your inquiry
Do we disclose it?
Loudoun South Little League does not sell, loan, exchange, or make available in any way the names, addresses, or any other contact or demographic information concerning our volunteers or players.
How do we use it?
Any information gathered on this website is for the express use of Loudoun South Little League and will be used for the sole purpose of furthering the mission of Little League Incorporated.
No information collected on this website from children under 13 years of age is used for any marketing or promotional purposes whatsoever, either inside or outside Little League Incorporated, except when explicitly stated during registration. We sometimes offer contests, games, and promotions; or invite you to submit stories, comments, or questions to certain areas of our site. On these occasions, we may ask you to voluntarily submit your e-mail address along with your contest entry or submission so that we can notify you if you are a winner, or to respond to (or ask) questions.
If you are under the age of 13 years, you must provide us with your parent's or legal guardian's e-mail address and obtain permission from your parent or legal guardian before collecting your prize. Your parent or guardian will then be notified that you have entered a Loudoun South Little League contest. We will send them an e-mail message giving them an opportunity to limit your participation, if they wish.
We may modify these policies from time to time to better address your concerns or to make other additions, deletions or changes that Little League Baseball Incorporated determines to be appropriate.
18. What does my registration fee pay for?
Each season, LSLL collects a registration fee from each player based on the expected costs to run the league. Little League regulations prohibit our league from collecting money designated for a specific team, so all fees collected benefit everyone in the league.
Here's a typical look at where your Spring 2021 registration dollars will go to support Loudoun South Little League. Note that all numbers are on a per player basis and have been rounded to whole dollars.
|Capital improvement - one time fee per family
|Fundraising - one time fee per family
|Personal Protection Equipment - incl. masks, wipes, sanitizer
|Administrative costs, such as rule books, office supplies, copies, shipping
|Player and umpire equipment, incl. balls, catcher's gear, tees, etc.
|Fees - includes PRCS county fee, LLB charter/insurance, bank fees, etc.
Field maintenance, equipment, and improvement
|Services, incl. youth umpires, background checks, facility rentals, Opening Day
|Trophies and awards
Uniforms, including jerseys, caps, and patches
Utilities & Misc - power, sanitation