Boys and girls athletics, basketball, football, lacrosse, rugby, track & field, cheer, wrestling. Youth college scholarships. Westport Police Athletic League-WPAL is a non-profit organization in Westport, CT providing youth athletics and community event
Ask any high school or college coach what the single best thing a player can do to develop his skills and you will be told “Wall Ball”. Working on stick skills for 20 minutes a day, 4-5 days a week during the off-season will have a tremendous positive impact on your stick skills. Put the time and effort in during the off-season to become a better player!
Below are some sample wall ball routines.
1. All drills must be performed with both hands.
2. Any wall or rebounder will work, but a smooth concrete wall at least 10 feet tall is the best surface.
3. Use your gloves when practicing on the wall
4. Stand 12-15 feet from the wall
5. Do not let the ball hit the ground
6. Pass and catch in the area above your shoulder; to the right of left or your head (“The Box”)
7. Keep a positive attitude and don’t be afraid to make a mistake. Make yourself a better player! Have Fun!
Wall Ball Routine:
1. Right hand quick stick – 50 times (left hand).
2. Right hand – one hand catch & cradle 50 times (left hand).
3. Right hand (one hand only) quick-stick – 50 times (left hand).
4. Right hand catch & face dodge – 50 times (left hand).
5. Split dodge – throw right, catch right, split dodge to left hand, throw left, catch left, split back to right hand – 50 times.
6. Quick stick – change hands on every toss while ball is in air
7. Cross handed – 50 times each hand
8. Around-the-back – 50 times each hand
9. Side arm after a great hard fake – 50 times each hand.
10. Pass and catch with the wall by having the ball being either passed or caught in an unconventional manner or less than perfect spot. Less than perfect passes happen in EVERY game
11. Be creative – develop your own drill.