LEARN TO PLAY
“FUN”damental Hockey Program
The ECHO Stars and Coach Amber LaFontaine have joined forces to offer the 2020-2021 Learn to Play Hockey Program at the Bolton Ice Palace. This program runs from early September through February in three 8-week sessions. Coach Amber and the ECHO family of skaters have been teaching children the fundamentals of Ice Hockey for several years. Coach Amber has been volunteering with ECHO since 2015 and last year was awarded GottaLoveCTHockey's Impact Coach of the Year Award for her work with her U8 team. The Learn to Play Program focuses on skill development without the pressures of competition. This is a progressive learn to play curriculum designed to introduce beginners to the game’s basic skills. Participants are introduced to the skills of skating, passing, puck control and shooting. Children learn through participating in practice drills and informal scrimmages under the direction of USA Hockey Certified On-Ice Coaching Instructors.
- A fun, safe and positive experience for a child's first contact with hockey.
- An introduction to the concepts of cooperation and fair play.
- Development in a fun learning environment while instilling self- confidence.
- Develop basic hockey skills based on participant’s skill level.
- Skating, Passing, Puck Handling, Turning, Stopping and Shooting.
- Build a foundation for future years.
- Boys and girls
- Skating ability ~ first time and novice skaters
DATES and FEES:
- This Program runs from early September through February in three 8-week Sessions. Due to COVID-19, Session 1 will be split into two smaller groups.
Tuition: $200.00 per 8 week session
Saturdays - First half of group @ 10:20-11:20 AM
Second half of group @ 11:30-12:30 PM
Session 1 starts: September 12, 2020
Session 2 starts: November 7, 2020
Registration is online: https://www.leagueathletics.com/Registration/Default.asp?n=169887&org=echostars.com Payment may be made by credit card or by check. Checks should be made to ECHO and placed in the black mailbox on the Skate Rental Facade, next to the ECHO Bulletin Board.
Attn: Amber LaFontaine
The following equipment is required: Stick, helmet, neck guard, hockey gloves, elbow pads, shin pads, and skates. Please contact Amber LaFontaine for additional equipment information.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Program Director: Coach Amber LaFontaine at email@example.com or 860-942-9141