Canyon Creek Little League
Board Meeting Minutes September 28, 2009
Present: George Kirkland, Don Nathlich, Michelle Simpson, Dan Frank, Kelvin Friedel
I. The meeting was called to order by Kelvin Friedel at 7:00pm to discuss plans for the 2010 baseball season.
II. New Board Members/Returning Board Members - Dan Frank (VP of Operations) and Michelle Simpson (Head Team Parent) were introduced and welcomed to CCLL. George Kirkland has agreed to return as VP of City Operations, and Robert Zorovic will be returning as our safety officer.
III. President’s Report - Kelvin Friedel reviewed topics discussed at the September D57 President’s Meeting. Main topic of interest was the concept of a Major’s Gold team for each of the leagues. CCLL has decided not to send a letter of approval/disapproval to D57 and will consider the matter further after registration starts and more details from D57 become available.
IV. Website/Registration Update – George Kirkland has been working on the registration portion of the website and we should be ready to start accepting registrations on October 3rd, 2009. Registration will remain open until October 31st.
- It was decided that CCLL will not offer a payment program in 2010
- It was decided that CCLL will still offer financial assistance to those families that qualify. There will only be an option for 100% support; no 50% support.
- Registration flyer will be updated and distributed to schools electronically for distribution.
- Banners will be located and placed at the schools that we serve.
- It was decided that registration/volunteer fees will remain the same as last year and that 6 team hours and 6 league hours are required for reimbursement.
V. Treasurers Report – Don Nathlich presented the Board with a summary of expenses incurred during the 2008/2009 season. It was estimated that Income for last year exceeded expenses by about $10,000 and was mainly due to a cut back in league training. Volunteer fee refunds ran about 80%, which is higher than in years past and contributed mainly to the efforts of our Head Team Parent driving volunteer opportunities for the league.
VI. Upper Division Report – Vacant Position - Nobody has volunteered to be the Upper Division Director, but we have agreed to a joint effort with SRLL, with them running the program. This is a duplicate of how things were handled last year. A link from the CCLL website will direct families to a registration site for the Jr.’s program.
VII. VP of City Operations – George Kirkland reviewed the fields currently used by CCLL and the procedure by which the city distributes fields. The fields in San Ramon are in higher and higher demand from the different organizations in San Ramon and competition is increasing every year. Twin Creeks has been turned into a “skin” infield and we are negotiating to have one of the other fields turned into a turf field. George will be in attendance at the draft to secure our fields for the 2010 season.
- San Ramon is doing away with the hotline and will be using a text messaging service for field status that participants will have to registrar for.
VIII. Umpire in Charge – Vacant Position – The Board discussed a couple of potential candidates to share the UIC position and how to compensate them when they umpire games.
IV. Tryout/Draft Information
- December 5th/6th, December 12th – Bollinger Canyon Elementary School – Same location as last year.
- December 13th – Draft – Morgan Cabana
- It was proposed that CCLL get rid of “Property Players” for the Majors level, and redraft each year.
- There will be a meeting for prospective Managers/Coaches for the 2010 season. Family participation will be considered when applying for a Managing/Coaching position at any level.
X. Equipment/Uniforms – Equipment Manager’s position is open. Kelvin Friedel will order uniforms. Costs need to be reviewed based on potential increase in uniform costs as the result of licensing issues by vendor.
XI. Next Board Meeting
- October 13th, 2009 7:00pm – Morgan Cabana
- It was decided that we would hold regular Board Meetings on the 3rd Monday of the month.
Meeting was adjourned at 9:03pm by Kelvin Friedel
Kelvin Friedel – CCLL Secretary 2009/2010