2020 West Forsyth Youth Lacrosse
Select League Information
Our Boys' Select Teams are open to 6th, 7th and 8th grade boys. If a player is selected for this team, he must commit to make all practices, training, games, tournaments and other events included in the Select Commitment. Exceptions will be allowed for Family, School, Health or Religion. If a player is unable to fulfill ALL of the obligations of the Select Team, the Program Director must be notified prior to Select Evaluations. Inability to fulfill these requirements will be factored into player selection by the Program Director and discretion of the WFYL Board.
One of the most common questions about select teams is playing time. Playing time does not need to be equal on this team. Parents should discuss this with your children and address any questions about playing time prior to evaluations with WFYL.
Select teams are meant for advanced players who are serious about the sport and ready for more hours of practice and preparation. The number of hours per week these teams dedicate to the team is not for everyone. If you can't commit to team practices/events throughout the select season, there's a spot for your son on one of the recreational teams.
All players wishing to be evaluated for a spot on our select teams must be in good financial standing with WFYL. If you have questions about any outstanding balances, please work these out prior to evaluations.
Our Select Head Coach will be Mike Hannon (Junior & Senior). Both teams will be assisted by several other volunteer coaches.
- November Evaluations
- January: Practices as determined by the coaching staff. We are targeting some weekends and one pre-season week in the evenings.
- February: Practices begin and there will be 2-3 per week, days will vary
- 1 to 2 games per week including weekday games
- Lacrosse Tournament(s): target is 3 summer tournaments. More information on specific tournaments will be shared after teams have been announced.
- Players must commit to fulfill all requirements from November through June
- WFYL Select Fee(s): We are in the process of finalizing fees for the season. These fees will include the Base Registration fee for spring, all uniform pieces required, and registration fees for the summer tournaments. Fees will be due in installments, not all at the time of registration.
If you have any questions, please email