Promote your team's success!
Here are different ways to get the word out about your team.
1) Have a news story put on the Irondale Youth Hockey Home Page. Just send an email to the website administrator
and tell your story
2) Have a story printed in the Sun Focus or the Lillie Suburban News Bulletin - see below for instructions
3) Submit a story to Let's Play Hockey - see below for instructions
4) Submit scores to Let's Play Hockey and become a "ranker" - see below for instructions
2) Sun Newspapers
Lillie Suburban News Bulletin
|Sun Focus Newspapers
As of April 1, 2008
33 Second Street N.E.
P.O. Box 280
Sports Team Photos:
Paul Rignell, Editor
Published Weekly - News deadline is noon each Thursday
Office Hours Monday-Friday 9am to 5pm. After Hours: News releases and other information can be dropped inside the front door at 909 Seventh Ave. NW, New Brighton
NOTE: As of early 2008, Lillie Suburban is going to charge a fee for submission of stories. It will be better if you can request a reporter to come out and cover it as a story.
Items 3 and 4 Let's Play Hockey
email your team articles, photos and scores to
From information mailed to Team Managers 11/5/2009 from LPH:
Greetings from Let's Play Hockey. The 2009-10 season is here and we're excited for our 38th year as the longest-running hockey newspaper in the nation. To help us make the upcoming season our best ever, we're looking to you, the members of youth hockey community, for your submissions to LPH. Below are several notes on how you can contribute to Let's Play Hockey in 2009-10.
* First, the youth hockey community is the lifeblood of Let's Play Hockey and we want to make sure your association's coaches, managers and parents know how to submit their stories and photos to us. Articles are printed based on when they are received by Let’s Play Hockey. If you’re sending a photo (300 dpi high resolution), the ideal length is about 180 words. In the final sentence of the report, include the names of each player and coach on the team. If you don’t have a photo, the ideal length for a quarter of a page is 500 words. Send the article as plain text or as a Microsoft Word attachment. Send the photo as a JPG or TIFF attachment (not as part of a document). Send it to
* In addition to submitting stories/photos, we enlist youth hockey coaches and managers as rankers for the official Minnesota youth hockey rankings that appear in each issue LPH. As always, our rankers are anonymous. If you want to become a ranker, send a note to email@example.com. Please provide your current position on your team and your team name.
* We need to provide our rankers with as many scores as we can to get them to take notice of teams, perhaps your own team. Team managers or coaches should email a team’s weekly scores each week by noon on Mondays. Don’t forget to include the level of play. Only send the previous one week’s scores, from the previous Monday through Sunday.
Let's Play Hockey
2721 East 42nd Street
Minneapolis, MN 55406