NORTH LINCOLN BOYS BASEBALL CLUB, INC.
C. Kent, Principle of North Lincoln School called a meeting at the school of all interested parties in the spring of 1958. Subsequent meetings were held and the first Board was established. The first President was Bob Ruyle and the first four managers were, H. Demler, R. Ott, A. Spaulding and J. Kelly. The league started as a four-team Peanut League, and uniforms were Tee shirts and caps; the following year Little League play was started continuing with just four teams.
The league purchased complete uniforms for the boys in 1959 with funds furnished from the Concession Stand and collections taken up at each game. Additional Little League teams were added in 1961 and 1962 to bring our league to six (6) teams.
In 1964 four (4) minor league teams were added. This year two more minor league teams were added to make a total of six (6). Babe Ruth play was started in 1960 with one team and a second team was added in 1962. Starting in 1963, the present four teams were established.
The league currently has sixteen (16) teams (6 Minor League, 6 Little League and 4 Babe Ruth) covering approximately 240 boys, ages 8 through 15. It has been the Association's policy, whenever possible, to place every boy age 8 - 12 on a baseball team. From 1958 through 1962, the Little League teams played their ball games on the North Lincoln playground - hence the name North Lincoln Boys Baseball Club. The Babe Ruth teams during 1960 - 1962 played their games at a diamond developed at R. Houser's farm. Mr. Rouser was our first Babe Ruth manager.
In 1963, St. Joseph Township and Mrs. Eaton purchased sufficient land to develop Eaton Park. The present three baseball diamonds were developed primarily with labor from this organization and financial support from the Park Bd. This year will see the completion of a Picnic Pavilion. It costs us approximately $3,500 per year to support sixteen teams and as new teams are added in the future, these costs will increase. The primary source of income over the years have been: Teams Sponsors, Annual Spaghetti Supper, Registration Fees, Concession Stand, Annual dance and Booster tickets.
The following is a copy of the history section of a 1967 program that was recently found stuffed inside of a fence post at one of the Eaton Park fields. If anybody has any other old programs, newspaper articles, etc. that might give us any additional information please let a Board Member know so that we can make a copy if possible. (Double Click to expand article)