2021 TALL AAA (9-10 yrs) House Rules
• If your game cannot begin within 1/2 hour of its schedule start time, the game will be called a rain-out.
• No new inning shall start after 2 hours after the game’s start time.
• Stealing is allowed, however the runner may not leadoff or leave the base before the pitch crosses the plate. Coaches will decide if stealing home will be allowed.
• The batting team can score a MAXIMUM of 5 runs per inning. The last inning is unlimited.
• The dropped third strike rule is NOT in effect.
• The infield fly rule is NOT in effect.
• Every player present MUST be in the batting order - defensive substitutions can be made at the coach's discretion. However, each player must play in the field for 3 innings
• Four (4) outfielders may be used for a total of ten (10) players in the field. If a team is short players and will be playing with the minimum nine (9) players, they can be provided a right fielder from the player last out on the opposing team, or both teams can decide to play three (3) outfielders.
• If a team has less than the minimum of nine (9) players, that team may bring any AAA player at Tonawanda American Little League to substitute for that game. The substitute must bat last in the order and play right field. If a team requires more than one (1) substitute, additional substitutes MUST be placed at the bottom of the batting order and fill vacant positions in the outfield beginning in left field. A team MUST not bring in more substitutes than needed to field nine (9) players. A substitute MUST NOT get more playing time in the field than any other rostered player. This means that if a rostered player arrives late, that player and the substitute MUST split playing time in the field.
• Pitch Count - Rules
(a) Any player on a regular season team may pitch. Exception: Any player
who has played the position of catcher in four (4) or more innings in
a game, is not eligible to pitch on that calendar day.
(b) A pitcher once removed from the mound cannot return as a pitcher.
(c) The manager must remove the pitcher when said pitcher reaches the limit
for his/her age group as noted below, but the pitcher may remain in the game
at another position:
7-8yrs 50 pitches per day
9-10yrs 75 pitches per day
Exception: If a pitcher reaches the limit imposed in Regulation VI (c) for his/her league age while facing a batter, the pitcher may continue to pitch until any one of the following conditions occurs: 1) That batter reaches base; 2) That batter is put out; 3) The third out is made to complete the half-inning.
Note 1: A pitcher who delivers 41 or more pitches in a game cannot play the position of catcher for the remainder of that day.
Pitchers league age 14 and under must adhere to the following rest requirements:
• If a player pitches 66 or more pitches in a day, four (4) calendar days
of rest must be observed.
• If a player pitches 51 - 65 pitches in a day, three (3) calendar days of rest must be observed.
• If a player pitches 36 - 50 pitches in a day, two (2) calendar days of
rest must be observed.
• If a player pitches 21 - 35 pitches in a day, one (1) calendar days of
rest must be observed.
• If a player pitches 1-20 pitches in a day, no (0) calendar day of rest
• There no balks in the AAA Division.
Coach Conduct - There is a Zero Tolerance Rule in effect. Any manager or coach that behaves in a manner determined to be detrimental to the Little League value system that TALL adheres to will be removed from the current game and automatically suspended for one game, further actions could result as well. This serves as your formal warning. Examples are listed below but are not all inclusive.
2. Umpire Abuse
3. Confrontation with other team personnel
4. Appearing under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Remember you are the example to your players on how adults should conduct themselves not only in game situations but also in confrontation. Lead by example!!
Parent Conduct - Managers are responsible for the conduct of the parents and fans, if you have an issue and need assistance in addressing said person please contact a board member and we will help. This is to be a "fun and competitive" atmosphere, we all know it can get out of hand. Our mission is to address it on the front end and avoid those situations.
Protesting Games 4.19 of the 2019 Little League rule book.
Protest shall be considered only when based on the violation or interpretation of a playing rule, use of an ineligible pitcher or the use of an ineligible player.
NO PROTEST SHALL BE CONSIDERED ON A DECISION INVOLVING AN UMPIRE'S JUDGEMENT.
The board of directors reserves the right to amend these rules at any point in the season. Also, any director present at a game may alter these rules for the benefit and/or safety of the players based on weather conditions, field conditions, delays, or any other exceptional circumstances. This is to be a learning experience and a whole lot of fun for the kids! Winning should not be a priority.
If there are any questions pertaining to these or any other rules, please contact the Commissioner, League President, or other board member.
Thank you for volunteering your time to coach our young players! The kids and the board of directors appreciate it!