Director of Coaching: Kevin Donovan
Kevin will be entering into his fourth season as the Director of Coaching with Worthington United.
Previously was the Director of Coaching for Columbus Crew SC Player Development, the youth arm of MLS franchise Columbus Crew SC.
Donovan is also a Level 2 United States Soccer Federation (USSF) Instructor and is licensed to teach U.S. Soccer’s Grassroots and “D” License courses. He earned his USSF National “B” License in 2013. He also holds his USSF National “C” and "D" Licenses, United Soccer Coaches Director of Coaching, GK Level 1 & Level 2, and Futsal Level 1 Diplomas, and has completed a number of youth modules as part of his ongoing coaching education.
Prior to his arrival in Columbus in May of 2017, Donovan spent three years as the Assistant Coach for the Men's Soccer team at his alma mater Southwestern University in Georgetown, TX. His coaching career also includes a vast amount of experience at the club level, spanning nearly 20 years and includes stints with Lonestar SC in Austin, TX, Woodbury Soccer Club (now Salvo SC) in Minnesota, and the Lions Futball Club in San Antonio, TX.
Donovan received a Bachelor’s of Arts in Sociology from Southwestern University (Georgetown, TX) in 2005.
He currently resides in Upper Arlington, OH, with his wife, Michelle (a Thomas Worthington grad and former Division I soccer player), and their three kids, Olivia, Gavin & their youngest daughter, Morgan.
Director of Player Development: Rob Smith
- Husband and Dad - I have 3 children all who are active with Sport. All played WYB soccer. All played club soccer. All played multiple sports. My wife, Tracey, was an All-SEC Track/Cross-country Athlete at the University of South Carolina, and currently coaches cross-country and track and field in Worthington.
- Resident of Worthington (Worthington Hills since 2004).
- Wellness4Life (PE) teacher in Worthington Schools since 2007 (currently at Worthington Hills Elementary).
- Directed and co-lead the restart of Worthington United in 2013-present. I have been involved as a coach, director, clinician, camp director since 2000.
- Participant in many sports today (avid trail runner, mt biker, skier, hiker, water sports, anything outside!)
- Soccer playing background (US Under 20 National Team 1993, US Olympic Team 1996, All-American at the University of South Carolina, Columbus Crew SC '96-2000)
- National Youth License (US Soccer and United Soccer Coaches)
- BS in Physical Education (University of South Carolina); MA Sport and Exercise Education (The Ohio State University)