Fall 2020 registration is now open (running through July 31st). The fall season begins Saturday, September 12, 2020.
- 8-week program for players in Pre-K through Kindergarten (ages 3-5).
- 2020 Participants must be 3 years old by July 31, 2020.
- Weekly training session (on Sundays) help develop basic skills and to instill a love of the game.
- Two back-to-back 1-hour sessions will run from 11:30am - 12:30pm and 12:35pm - 1:35pm.
- Groups formed based on age and male and female players train together.
- Training sessions run by professional trainers (Pre K Kickers), with volunteers helping out as needed.
- Parent volunteer coaches welcome! BECOME A COACH
GRADES 1-4 (DIVISIONAL PLAY)
- MPSA partners with Morris United Soccer Club to offer a recreation program for grades 1-4 each fall (SEPT- NOV).
- Children enrolled in grades 1 - 4 for the 2020-2021 school year are eligible to participate.
- Players are formed into teams and split by gender.
- Teams are managed by volunteer coaches. BECOME A COACH
- 1-2 practice sessions a week, scheduled at the convenience of the volunteer coach.
- All games are on Saturdays (between 9am and 3pm) across various locations in Morris Township & Morris Plains.
- Small sided game formats give players more enjoyment in playing, more contact with the ball, more tactical decisions being made and more physical movement, which improves the player’s physical fitness (see US Youth Soccer Guidelines).
- Divisions 5 and 6 are instructional in nature. No official scores are kept and there are no team standings.
1st & 2nd Grades (Division 6)
Format: Weekly 4v4 games (with no goalies).
Focus: Developing basic skills familiarity with the laws of the game.
3rd & 4th Grades (Division 5)
Format: Weekly 7v7 games held on Saturdays. Game times vary each week.
Focus: Continuing to develop basic soccer skills and expanding understanding of the laws of the game.
MPSA recommends that all kindergartners remain at the Pre-K Clinic level, however, due to the US Soccer 2015 Player Development Initiatives (updated in October 2017), MPSA will allow those born in 2014 to "play up" in the 1st - 2nd grade program (Division 6) based on roster space, so that players can train and compete with peers in their calendar birth year. Parents/guardians should understand that by choosing to have your kindergartner play at this level, your child will be playing with and against children up to 2.5 years older (with potential for a significant size difference).
GRADES 5 AND ABOVE
- For players in grades 5 and above, please see programs offered by our partner organization, Morris United Soccer Club.
- MPSA’s Youth Referee Program (grades 6-12) offers older players the opportunity to develop knowledge of the game, build leadership skills, and earn wages (or service hours).