Thank you for your interest in Kraken Volleyball Club. We are looking forward to an awesome 7th year of Kraken snd getting to know our athletes and families. Please follow the below steps to properly prepare for our upcoming tryouts!
2019-20 Boys Info
Kraken will field U14, U16 & U18 Boys teams. All boys teams train at The Lair Courts. The Lair is just 3 blocks North of IKEA with easy access to I-5, I-405 & 167 freeways We are finalizing the coach assignments, & tuition information which will be posted prior to your athlete's tryout. For complete information on the upcoming Kraken Boys Club Season, click on the link below. Make sure to read through all of the posted season details.
2019-20 Boys Tryouts
Boys tryouts will be held at The Lair Courts in Renton, see below for address.
Please make sure to check out information on the Boys League that will begin at the end of October / Early November.
Boys Team Tryouts Dates & Times
Section 1 - Age Group Eligibility
Determine your athlete's age division eligibility by visiting the link below. Athletes are eligible to tryout / join older age group teams, but can not participate with a younger age group than they are eligible for.
Section 2 - USA Volleyball Tryout Membership & Member Card
(Complete USA Volleyball Junior Tryout Membership - Available October 1
Registration Link: Registration Tab of the Puget Sound Region Website here
Registration Instructions: PSR Illustrated Junior Tryout Registration Instructions
Step 1: Complete a USA Volleyball Junior Tryout Membership registration for your athlete.
Step 2: Save copy of Membership Confirmation to your computer, recored member # and print a copy.
Step 3: Verify correct doc by clicking on the sample document above and look for Green Arrows.
Step 4: Bring printed copy of the USA Volleyball membership confirmation to the tryout.
Step 4: Move to Section 3 below.
Section 3 - Kraken VC Tryout Registration
Click the Register now button below to begin the online registration. Please have your athlete suited up and present at the tryout time stated. Doors will open 30 minutes prior for check-in
Kraken VC Tryout Fee: $30 for each age group attending
Section 5 - Tryout Preparation
Verify that you have completed all steps in Sections 1 thru 3 above. You must bring completed and signed copies of the required documents and waivers with you to the tryout.
Show up to Tryout Location up to 30 minutes before the stated start time suited up and ready to play.
3405 Lind Ave SW
Renton, WA 98057
Parking and Gym Entrances:
Must park legally in a lined parking stall. Overflow parking is the lot immediately south of The Lair across railroad tracks
Tryout, Selection, Offer & Signing Process
- Applicant athletes will run through a series of drills to evaluate their volleyball skills
- Selections/invitations to join Kraken VC will be extended based on athlete’s current skills assessment, potential for improvement, as well positional fit based on the pool of athletes.
Kraken VC Will:
- Extend offers in writing using the PSRVB Letter of Commitment.
- Kraken VC will give the athlete the choice to take up to 72 hours to accept or decline the offer
- Kraken VC will not rescind an offer before 72 hours
- Accept on offer immediately and sign the PSRVB Letter of Commitment & remit the signing and uniform payments upon acceptance
- Decline an offer immediately
- Exercise their right to a 72 hour decision period
- Not complete more than one PSRVB Letter of Commitment
Incumbent Signing Policy:
- Incumbents now follow the same signing process as non-incumbents.
- Kraken VC wants athletes to play with clubs and on teams that are the best fit for them.
- We hope that our incumbent athletes will attend tryouts with the goal of receiving a Kraken offer.
- Kraken VC does not take incumbent offers lightly, incumbent athletes are given special consideration during the tryout process.