2020 Girls Introduction to Box Lacrosse
November 2 through Dec. 18, 2020
Learn the basics of Box Lacrosse with clinic-style skill development drills and games on the training floor at Reno Sportsdome!
Box Lacrosse is Canadian-style indoor lacrosse tha offers more reps, a faster pace and an emphasis on team passing and execution within the tight confines of an indoor field. Shooting, passing and ground ball skills will rapidly develop and improve, however it is a difficult environment for a brand new player to learn and become comfortable with lacrosse fundamentals. Therefore we do not allow first-time players in Box.
Girls play with full pads, same rules and equipment as the boy’s game.
Girls born in years 2003-2010 who have a minimum of one season of competitive field or box lacrosse experience. NO FIRST-TIME PLAYERS.
Reno Sportsdome - Main Floor (Midget/High School) and Small Floor (Bantam/Peewee)
WHEN - Schedule
Girls All Ages - Tuesdays 5 to 7 pm, Small Floor
Group meets once per week - 6 clinic sessions, No sessions week of Thanksgiving.
$150 for 6 clinic sessions
$20 for USBOXLA membership, see below
2020 Box Refund Policy
HOW TO REGISTER
HSLL is a partner program of USBOXLA, which affords members the discounted membership rate of $20, a 55% savings off the full $45 price. USBOXLA provides insurance, coach and referee training, and has goalie gear to ensure safe, fun game play.
Step 1: To participate in the HSLL Box, first register with USBOXLA.
- >>> Choose Annual Player Membership (or renew existing account)
- >>> Choose High Sierra (NV) as sanctioned league/organization
- >>>Use the code W5WXPBBC to get the discounted rate
Step 2: CLICK HERE to register for HSLL Girls Box. You will need your 8 digit USBOXLA code created by completing Step 1. See below for age divisions.
Girls play with full pads, same rules and equipment as the boy’s game. The tight spaces and physicality of box lacrosse calls for some box-specific gear beyond what’s required for field lacrosse.
- CLICK HERE for a rundown of the gear you need to play Box Lacrosse.
- You can order box-specific gear in our HSLL Box Store, or find at online retailers
- Players must have their own mouth guards and basketball style shoes--cleats are not allowed at Reno Sports Dome
- Face covering--all players are required to bring and wear when not engaged in active play.
- Goalies, bring helmet, mouth guard and lacrosse stick. The League will provide essential box goalie equipment.
High Sierra Lacrosse will off box lacrosse gear packages that can be rented for the duration of the season.
- $60 rental fee with the option to buy the gear at the end of the season.
- Includes helmet, shoulder pads, arm/elbow pads, gloves, rib pads, bicep pads, and boys stick.
- All participants must read, accept and abide by the Reno Sportsdome updated waiver and rules. Sign that Waiver here.
- All players must read and agree to HSLL Safety Protocols before participating.
- Players must wear masks and practice physical distancing when not actively engaged in play, and should be prepared to wear masks during play, at the discretion of the coach and/or league.
- HSLL requires that all spectators and coaches wear face coverings for the duration of each session.
- Players, Coaches, and Spectators will be required to complete the Health Screening Form via computer or mobile device before each session. Use the link HERE or the QRC code below to access.
Jackie Cavilia, League Administrator at
Eric Martin, Box Lacrosse League Director, at