2020 Spring Youth Leagues
For boys and girls grades Pre-K through 8th, all skill levels
The 2020 Spring Youth Season will move to Fall, starting sometime in late August or early September, with full details to be determined closer to the start of the season. Registered Spring players who want to participate in the Fall do not need to do anything… you’re set and we will be in touch!
If you are NOT able to participate in the Fall you can
- Carry forward the registration fee paid + 10% of the regular registration fee, as credit for your next league activity
- Receive a refund, less a $20 administrative fee.
- Donate the fee to HSLL. Your donation is tax deductible. Our EIN/Tax ID is 26-2377488
Click HERE to request a credit refund or donation
We are planning an officiated, game-focused season with scheduled weekend games. To the best of our ability, we will minimize conflicts with regular fall sports. In cases where there are unpreventable conflicts, we will be flexible with roster sizes and game formats to help accommodate players' other sport commitments. We will continue to strongly encourage multi-sport participation, and will promote an accommodating mindset throughout the league and its coaches.
If all goes as planned, the season will be the approximate length of a normal spring season, running tentatively from August through October, ending with an all-team single-weekend tournament.
Important Dates/Calendar Here
For info regarding Truckee or North Tahoe, please see the registration links above.
WHEN--Calendar/Important Dates Here
- Three sessions per week: two weekday practices, Saturday game
- Practices begin first week of March, 2020 for Girls' and boys' 8U, 10U, 12U and 14U programs
- Practices begin April 6 for Coed 6U program
- Games begin April 4, 2020; Schedule TBA
- End of Season Tournament is June 13 and 14, 2020
- Programs are based in north Reno, south Reno, and Spanish Springs. Locations, days and times will vary by program and age group and may change based on municipal field allocations and registration numbers. Projected practice and home game locations are shown below:
- North Reno: Billinghurst Middle School, Swope Middle School, Roy Gomm Elementary, Caughlin Ranch Elementary
- South Reno: Elizabeth Lenz Elementary, South Valleys Regional Park, Depoali Middle School
- Spanish Springs: Shaw Middle School
COST - Reno/Sparks Girls' and boys' 8U, 10U, 12U and 14U programs
- $215 Priority Registration, by February 2, 2020
- Includes three-piece uniform, choose your size
- ALL PLAYERS WILL GET A NEW UNIFORM FOR THE 2020 SEASON. Jersey's from previous seasons will not be allowed in 2020.
- $240 Late Registration, after Feb 2, 2020
- Includes three-piece uniform, but requested size not guaranteed.
- Team sizes are limited, so some programs/age groups may not be able to accept late registrations.
COST - Reno/Sparks Coed 6U
- $100, includes pinney and beginner’s stick
- $75 if you do not need a stick
- US Lacrosse player membership valid through June 14, 2020 - $35.
- US Lacrosse Age Verification
- Prior to player participation, all youth players competing in or against HSLL programs will be required to have their age verified through the US Lacrosse Online Age Verification System. This includes a review of a birth certificate or other legal document to confirm a player’s birth date.
- This is a ONE-TIME EVER requirement and will carry from season to season, year to year. If you did it last season, you do not need to do it again.
- There is NO COST for age verification
- Go to http://www.uslacrosse.org/membership/age-verification and follow the instructions provided by US Lacrosse.
- Players will not be officially rostered until Age Verification is completed
- Players should register for the HSLL program that corresponds to their zoned High School, per their primary residential address.
- Click here for WCSD zoning guide.
- For 2020, programs will be zoned as follows:
North Reno Program Coordinator: Duane Runyan,
South Reno Program Coordinator: Chris Parkhurst,
Spanish Springs Program Coordinator: Susan Bush,
Registration or account issues: Jackie Cavilia,
General league inquiries:
Please review our REFUND POLICY here.