At United, you will find 2 areas/registrations for boys lacrosse. The first is for youth which encompasses 3-8th grade. The second is for the High School junior varsity and varsity teams. Our youth and high school teams are made up of students from both public and private school districts throughout the Kansas City, MO area (Lees Summit, Ray-Pec, Blue Springs, Ft Osage, Independence, St. Michaels, etc.). However, at the high school level, players attending Lees Summit West High School will play with that high school club which can be found here (http://lswtitanlax.teampages.com/).
We open up registrations a couple months prior to an event. We will have registrations for the Spring season and camps/clinics/activities throughout the off-season. Make sure you have signed up for an account to ensure you receive emails when registrations are active.
If you click on the documents menu item to the left, you will have access to a large amount of information to include boys equipment requirements, a boys and parents guidebook for those new to lacrosse, as well as other valuable information you can download and read through (practice plans, coach information, event flyers, etc.)
Girls typically practice at Bernard Campbell Middle School. Home and away games are played throughout the Kansas City area.
United Lacrosse Association has always placed a priority on lowering the cost of participation in Lacrosse. We believe our registration rates are among the lowest in the entire Kansas City area. We have also established relationships with equipment manufacturers to get equipment for our players at costs close to wholesale. Costs for this season will look as follows:
- Registration on United website - Youth registration is $150 (covers coach certification, background checks, referee fees, league fees, field rentals, pictures, uniforms, and to assist with field and player inventory maintenance). High School Spring registration fees will typically run $300 to $400 depending on our level of fundraising. Boys playing in a youth or high school league will need a full set of equipment. 3-4th grade boys do not play in the league's year end tournament.
- Youth US Lacrosse Membership # - $30 or $35 (you can get this at www.USLacrosse.org)and necessary to play with United.
- Equipment - See list of gear below. Players can rent a complete set of equipment from United for a fee each season (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter) or players can purchase a complete set of new equipment for roughly $179.00 from a discount online vendor such as lax.com (use code UnitedLax20 for 20%off), lacrossemonkey.com, or sportstop.com. Rental can be made upon registration. Players/parents will purchase their own protective cup as well as a mouthpiece (can be any color except clear or white). PLEASE NOTE NEW SHOULDER PADS ARE REQUIRED FOR THE SPRING 2022 Season with the NOCSAE label for added chest/heart protection.
* Players provide their own gear. We have found great pricing at www.sportstop.com
, and www.lacrossemonkey.com
. Boy's starter packages cost approximately $190. You can also find used gear around too, these prices are for an already put together kit. Just perform a search for "lacrosse starter set" and you should see some other options.
* Boys Stick
* Lacrosse helmet
* Mouth Guard (recommend two)
* Athletic supporter with cup
* Shoulder pads with NOCSAE label, new requirement
* Arm/elbow pads
* Rib pads (recommended but not required)
* Lacrosse gloves
* Goalie gear provided by Club
* Balls to practice with
Youth Season Information:
MORE INFO TO BE RELEASED SOON!
* Practice will start beginning of March.
* Season begins mid March thru Memorial Day Weekend.
* Most games are played on Saturday or Sunday mornings/afternoons.
* Games are played on area fields. Travel is required within the Kansas City/Kansas area.
* COACHES AND ASSISTANT COACHES ARE NEEDED! Training provided!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
* Parent Volunteerism is the foundation of every team: team manager, scorekeeping, picture day, field set-up. United Lacrosse Association is in need of parents to participate in the administration and planning of the youth lacrosse league. If interested please contact us!
United issues uniforms each year. We ask that you return the uniforms to your coach upon completion of the season so that we can put them back in our uniform recycling program and maintain our low registration rates.