Rochester Edge Girls Hockey 2021 - 2022 Girls 12u Tier 2
David Waldo & Tom Wescott
firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
Edge Girls 12u Training Plan 2021-2022:
Philosophy for maximizing development is:
● To emphasize skill development at all levels through high intensity practices, individualized instruction in skill based clinics with an emphasis on puck possession, skating, speed and agility, puck control, shooting, and passing.
● To help our players maximize their full athletic potential we encourage creativity and help players to develop their “hockey sense” through a variety of drills and small-area games.
Girls 12u Training Schedule 2021-2022:
Spring / Summer Training: May - August
- Participating in spring/summer training sessions is expected for this team in order to help prepare our players for the Tournament Bound season. We do encourage and support our players participating in other sports during the off season and understand conflicts may arise.
● Powerskating - 1x per week
● Skill Development Clinic - 1x per week
● Off Ice Training - may be combined with on ice sessions.
● At Home Training - Daily
Winter Season: September - March
● On-Ice Training:
○ 1 - Skill Development Clinic per week
■ Focus on the development of individual skills
○ 2 - 80 minTeam Practices per week
■ 2 teams back to back - 30 min full ice, 50 min half ice
■ Full Ice Focus - team systems & positional team play
■ Half Ice Focus - battle / compete / small area games
○ All Edge Clinic - Every other week at BGIP
● Off Ice Training - 1x per week
● We will attend 4 girls tournaments - some possibilities are:
○ Fire on Ice - Rochester, NY
○ Grizzly Girls Fall Brawl - Rome, NY
○ Paint It Purple Tournament - Ottawa, ON
○ Girls Harbor Center Cup - Buffalo, NY
○ Girls State 12u Tier 2 State Tournament – Buffalo, NY
League Play / Games:
● Empire Hockey League
● State Tournament Qualifying games through the GLGHL League