Spring Tackle Football and Cheer COVID Guidelines
While it is not possible to eliminate all risk of furthering the spread of COVID-19, Fauquier Youth Football will take necessary precautions and comply with guidelines from federal, state, and local governments, CDC, VHSL, and USA Football, to reduce the risks to players, coaches and their families. As knowledge regarding COVID-19 is constantly changing, Fauquier Youth Football reserves the right to adjust and implement precautionary methods as necessary to decrease the risk of exposure for our staff, players, coaches, and spectators.
1. Health screenings prior to any practice, game, event, or team meeting with participation in the activities being limited and/or prohibited where an individual displays positive responses or symptoms.
2. Encourage social distancing and promote healthy hygiene practices such as hand washing, using hand sanitizer, etc.
3. Intensify cleaning, disinfection, and ventilation in all facilities and equipment.
4. Educate Athletes, Coaches, and Staff on health and safety protocols.
5. NO shared water. Athletes and Coaches will provide their own water bottle/bottles clearly marked with their name.
6. All coaches will be instructed on how to clean and disinfect all team equipment.
7. Parents will be required to sign a Participation Waiver and agree to follow all guidelines regarding COVID-19 safety practices.
8. Parents are encouraged either to remain in their cars or practice social distancing if sitting on the sideline during practice.
9. All spectators must wear a facemask at all times while at the game fields and should practice social distancing when sitting on the sidelines.
10. All shared equipment such as balls or tackling dummies must be sanitized between use.
11. Coaches, staff, spectators, and Cheerleaders should wear face coverings at all times. Players will only need them for drop off, pick up, and after practice/game talk.
12. No shared team snacks.
13. Any sick coaches, players, spectators, or Cheerleaders must stay home.
14.. Any coaches, players, spectators, or Cheerleaders who have come in close contact with someone with COVID-19 must stay home and monitor their health.
15. Instruct players and coaches to not do high fives, fist bumps, or shaking of hands.
16. Provide hand sanitizer and encourage players, coaches and cheer to use before and after practice.
17. Educate players to cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue (and then properly throw away) or elbow.
18. Signage will be posted at entry points and around the field to remind of any rules (mask, social distance, no touching face, frequent handwashing, etc)
19. Concessions will be all prepackaged items.