SOUTH JEFFCO WINTER BASKETBALL
Boys and Girls Grades 2-8
Intermediate and Competitive Level AYL Teams
Register today for the best youth basketball program in the South Jeffco, Lakewood and surrounding communities! Our South JeffCo 2nd-8th grade boys and girls basketball teams compete in the Arapahoe Sports League (AYL) as a club member under the AYL banner. This league offers two divisions, an intermediate level division (D2) and a competitive level division (D1), and provides our players an opportunity to compete against teams from high school areas such as Chaparral, Arapahoe, Heritage, Cherry Creek, Denver South, Overland, George Washington, Douglas County, Thunder Ridge, Regis Jesuit and many more.
We serve players attending schools such as Columbine, Chatfield, Dakota Ridge, Mullen, Heritage, Conifer, D'Evelyn, Evergreen and several more in the surrounding communities!
IMPORTANT SEASON INFORMATION
Grades: 2nd-8th Grade Boys and Girls
Divisions: Intermediate (D2) and Competitive (D1)
Team Formation and Rosters:
- Returning Players: Players returning from the previous season may make a specific coach and teammate request during the registration process and we do our best to honor those requests. Division placement (Competitive D1 or Intermediate D2) for returning teams will be determined by the coach, staff and league representatives.
- New Players: New players who have not played with South JeffCo before can indicate their skill level on their registration form and can make a specific coach and teammate request during the process. We do our best to honor those requests. We attempt to put teams together based on similar skill level and location whenever possible.
General Important Dates:
- October 15th: *Registration Deadline
- UPDATED: No later than October 25th: Rosters Announced
- Week of November 4th: Practices Start and Uniform Fittings
- Friday November 15th and Saturday November 16th: League Start Date *There will be no games or practices November 25th - December 1st or December 23rd-January 6th
- Saturday February 8th: End of Regular Season
- Post-Season Single Elimination Tournament begins week of February 9th for qualifying teams
- Saturday February 22nd: League Championships
Practices: Each team will have 2 practices per week, generally on days between Monday and Thursday, at a school in the South Jeffco area. Practice times are dependent on available gym space and specific times and locations cannot be requested.
Games: Teams will play in 10 regular season league games and teams that qualify will play in a single elimination Post-Season Tournament. Games will be held mostly at Douglas and Jefferson County schools. Games for 2nd and 3rd Graders will be held mostly on Friday’s with occasional Saturday games. Games for 4th-8th Graders will be held on Saturday with occasional Sunday games in emergency situations.
Cost: $220 Per Player + Uniform Fee for 2nd - 3rd Grade Boys and Girls & $230 Per Player + Uniform Fee for 4th-8th Grade Boys and Girls
Uniforms: The South Jeffco Basketball Program has one universal uniform (jersey and shorts) and it will be a new uniform style for 2019-20. All players for the 2019-20 season must purchase the new uniform during registration and it will be provided to them prior to their first game. Numbers are pre-determined and cannot be requested. A fitting will be scheduled prior to the beginning of the basketball season. The uniform price is $45.
Refund Policy: A $55 fee will be charged to anyone registered who withdraws prior to the registration deadline. No refunds will be issued after the close of registration.
INTERESTED IN COACHING? We need you!
We are always in need of coaches who wish to volunteer and help the youth in our community! Please click here to complete the South JeffCo coach set up process.