Indian Hill Soccer Academy
2021 - 2022 Information
Indian Hill Soccer Academy (IHSA) is finishing its second season. We have had tremendous growth, support and lots of success. We are continually engaging the community with feedback at all levels and working on adjustments to the program so that combined with Indian Hill Rec our youth soccer players have lots of options available to them.
B2013 - June 4&7 1:15 pm - 2:00 pm
G2013 - June 4&7 2:00 pm - 2:45 pm
G2012 - June 4&7 2:45 pm - 3:30 pm
B2012 & G2011- June 4&7 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
B2011 & B2010 - June 4&7 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
G2010 - June 4&7 5:30pm - 6:15pm
G2009 - June 7 5:30 pm - 6:15pm
Boys 2008 and 2009 - June 7&9 3:00 - 4:30 pm
Turf soccer field on Shawnee (next to elementary school)
- Must live in the Indian Hill School district or attend a school within the District (Same requirement as Rec)
- Over time, the Academy Program will be for Boys and Girls U9, U10, U11, U12, U13 and U14
- Teams will be formed by birth year, not school grade
- Depending on demand from players and families in each age group, may consolidate age groups in certain seasons – In the Pilot program in Fall 2019, we fielded 9 teams
- Ultimate decision on the formation of teams in each age group and each sex will be evaluated based on demand and skill level
· Ball skills
· Field sense
The goal of Indian Hill Soccer academy has been to create a balanced athletic development experience, with support for kids and families in our community who have competing priorities with other sports, kids, jobs, hobbies, etc.
Focus areas of IHSA
- Advanced coaching focused on player development
- Higher level of competition in the Greater Cincinnati Soccer League, https://www.cardinalpremier.com
- Experience a Tournament:
- Local (Indian Hill area) practices and nearby (Cincinnati area) league games and tournament.
- Seasonal teams with optional winter training
- Effective alternative to club programs
What the season looks like for Spring 2020:
- U13-U8 2-3 training sessions each week, (depending on age) led by professional coaches.
Academy Volunteers Needed (Volunteers will be chosen by the Academy Committee following tryouts)
Communication Liaison between Team and Academy
Attend League Scheduling Meeting (Date to be determined February 2020
Register for Cincy Epic Cup (Deadline April 1, 2020)
IHSA Spring 2021 Playing Time Policy:
IHSA playing time will be managed according to the IHSA’s Playing Time Policy (the “Policy”). IHSA’s Playing Time Policy is that each player, regardless of ability, will play for half of the game. Goalie time counts as ½ field time. Exceptions may be made, at the coaches’ discretion, only in instances of (a) tournament games, where a coach may “play to win” if necessary towards the end of a game; and (b) a player with attendance, attitude or effort problems. Exceptions, or the expectation of exceptions, must be communicated to players/parents in advance of the occasion.
INDIAN HILL SOCCER ACADEMY CODE OF CONDUCT
- I recognize that soccer is a team sport and that a team’s success begins with fully embracing this important concept.
- I will be committed to these principles of discipline, fairness, respect and self-control.
- Work hard to improve as an individual and team
- Be a team player and get along with my team: acknowledge teammates striving to be their best as I seek to be my best, support and encourage teammates and do what is best for the team
- Learn the rules and play by them
- Always be a good sport – maintain dignity in all circumstances (i.e. no taunting, no trash talking/foul language, no bullying, learn from losses)
- Do not challenge a referee’s call either verbally or with body language
- I will respect my coaches by acting in the following ways:
- Pay attention to coaches’ instructions
- Seek and welcome feedback
- Be attentive (not disruptive) at practices
- Arrive at practices and games in accordance to coaches’ expectation
- Assist coaches with equipment
- In regards to social media, I will refrain from posting derogatory remarks regarding any teams, coaches, players, parents or officials.
- I will support my child in following the code of conduct outlined above and will set a good example of sportsmanship throughout all aspects the season.
- I will treat coaches, fellow parents, opponents and officials with the respect that is due to them as fellow human beings.
- I will respect the time committed by the other players, parents and coaches by having my child at practices and games on time and ready to play.
- I will wait 24 hours after games before approaching coaches or trainers with feedback and/or concerns.
- I will be patient and constructive in my feedback of the program as it develops.