PROGRAM OVERVIEW LATEST NEWS COACHING STAFF CONTACT US
<< Registration coming soon >>
Trident Girls will compete in the LA Box rec league which plays on Saturdays and Sundays at Wilson Park rink in Torrance. Players of all skill and experience levels are welcome.
Trident Girls' Lacrosse - Seasonal Programs & Details
We recognize that lacrosse is a relatively new sport to the area, and want to minimize confusion as much as possible by laying out our seasonal program offerings. For those unfamiliar with Trident, we operate as both a rec and a club-level lacrosse organization. Our club teams (Trident Select) travel to tournaments year-round to compete in high-level lacrosse, and we hold tryouts for these teams as the standard of play and commitment is much higher than that of rec. We also have several rec teams and developmental opportunities for those looking to advance their skills throughout each season and continue developing their game. The rec level is more laid back and inclusive, as we play in recreational leagues in the winter and spring seasons. Please view the breakdown below of how we structure each season. We pride ourselves in the amount of programs we offer to accommodate various schedules and skill/experience levels, as ensuring players of all ages and levels have access to play the great game of lacrosse year-round is important to us.
The fall season is a time when we understand many of our players compete in other activities and sports and have busy schedules. Traditionally, recreational lacrosse takes a bit of a break in this season as there are no rec leagues/games to compete in. Here at Trident, we want to ensure kids other than only club-level have access to training opportunities, and therefore offer once-a-week training "Developmental Teams". We also run club practices to prep for our Fall/Winter tournaments for our Select teams. Lastly, we participate in a local Box Lacrosse league on Saturdays in September & October, a great opportunity for our players to hone their stick skills and game concepts in a small space. All of these programs are a separate registration and fee.
- Trident Select - U10, U14 Club/Travel Teams which will practice each week and attend club tournaments. Invitation-only for Fall/Winter 2018 seasons - we will hold an open tryout ahead of the Summer 2019 season for both divisions.
- Developmental Teams - Once-a-week training session for those looking to hone their skills and develop their game. Our Middle School team will be split into Advanced and Beginner groups, and our Elementary School team will be split by age (K/2s, 3/5s) to ensure skills are being addressed properly.
- Practice: Tuesdays, 5-6 (Elementary School) 5:30-6:30 PM (Middle School) at Manhattan Heights Field. Runs September-November.
- Coaches: Alyssa Leonard, Kate Ivory, Courtney Tarleton, Shelby Tilton
- Box Lacrosse - We will compete in three box lacrosse divisions (K/2s, 3/5s, Middle School) on Saturdays in September & October in El Segundo. This is open to all Trident Select and Trident rec/developmental players. Middle School division eligibility requires 1+ year of lacrosse experience.
In the winter season (January-February) we will compete in a local rec league in West LA that will play on Saturdays through January & February. We will participate in the K/3s, 4/5s, and Middle School divisions, in addition to running practices each week to prepare for Saturday game-days. Winter is traditionally a time to gear up for the in-season spring, where club takes a break and rec lacrosse is our main priority.
- West LA Rec League - Saturdays January-February, for divisions K-8th grade. Weekly practices for those participating in the league.
- Trident Select (U14) - Additionally, our Select U14 squad will attend 2 winter tournaments and have weekly practices to prepare for the Legends National Cup tournament in Del Mar (Dec 15-16, 2018) & Sand Storm tournament in Palm Springs (Jan 19-20, 2019).
During the spring, the focus shifts to recreational lacrosse. We compete in the PELA rec league which plays on Saturdays at Campus El Segundo. In addition, we practice each team 2x per week to prepare for Saturday games and ensure we are developing our skills. Club lacrosse (Select) takes a break to focus on school teams and recreational leagues, which are more inclusive.
- PELA Rec League - We will participate in three divisions (K/2s, 3/5s, Middle School) that compete each Saturday from March-end of May. Practice 2x per week. Players of all skill/experience levels are welcome.
The summer season is dedicated to club (Select) lacrosse, as we will carry teams to compete in tournaments and practice 2x per week throughout June & July. In addition, we will work to develop players who are not yet ready for club-level, or those who it does not fit their schedule or commitment capabilities, and hold developmental training sessions for Elementary & Middle School players 1x per week. During the summer, there are no recreational lacrosse leagues or game-like opportunities since we are technically in an "off-season".
- Trident Select (U14, U10) - We will hold an open tryout for each division prior to the summer 2019 season, and attend 3-4 tournaments with practice 2x per week in June & July.
- Developmental Teams (Elementary, Middle School) - For those who are not able to commit to Select or not yet ready for that level of play. Practice 1x per week throughout June & July.
Developmental Team ("D" Teams)
The goal of the Trident Developmental Teams is to provide Elementarty and Middle School players not ready, not old enough, or unable to commit to the Trident Select Summer Tournament Team with an opportunity to continue honing their skills and developing within the sport of lacrosse.
We want to ensure all of our players, regardless of age or experience level, have access to our top-quality coaching staff in a fun, competitive environment where they continue to learn a love for the game and prep for future seasons.
Our Developmental Teams will practice once a week in Manhattan Beach September - November. This is a great option for those looking to get some skill work in in the off-season.
Developmental Team Players will need: Lacrosse stick, Goggles, Molded Mouth Guard, Athletic Shoes, Water Bottle.
Latest Trident Girls News
Trident Girls win Pacific Lacrosse Festival division title
The Trident Girls Middle School (MS) tournament team finished strong defeating stiff competition from California and Washington to claim the division championship at this year's Pacific Lacrosse Festival in San Diego.
Trident Girls repeat as PELA Spring League Champs
The Trident Elementary School (ES) Girls team went undefeated to claim it's second straight Spring Season division Championship.
Trident Girls play under the lights at Orange Coast College
The Trident Girls had the opportunity to play under the lights at OCC during halftime of the USC vs. Stony Brook game.
For the latest news and photos be sure to follow us on social media.
Meet our Coaches
Trident Girls Lacrosse Program Director, Alyssa played lacrosse at Northwestern University. As Team Captain at NU, she was an All-American and Tewaaraton Award Nominee. She was named NU Female Athlete of the Year, and won two NCAA National Championships. Alyssa was also a member of the USA Women's National Team. Before joining Trident Lacrosse, Alyssa was an Assistant Coach at the University of Southern California. She is a StringKing Pro Athlete and is coming off her first season as an Attacker for the WPLL Baltimore Brave.
Trident Girls Program Director, Kate played lacrosse at Cornell, where she was an All-American and Team Captain. At Cornell, Kate was twice named First Team All-Ivy League and earned Ivy League Defender of the Year in 2013. After Cornell, Kate continued her collegiate career at Northwestern University. During her time at Northwestern, Kate was a Team Captain and an Academic All-American.
As a standout defender at the University of Southern California, Courtney was a 4-time All MPSF Conference Player as well as earning All West / Midwest Region Honors. She was a Team Captain and All-American in 2016. Courtney is currently a Defender for the WPLL Baltimore Brave and coaches the Trident Girls Middle School Team.