3rd Annual HYAA BBQ Cook-Off
Nov. 30th - Dec.1st
Welcome to the 3rd Annual Huffman Youth Athletic Cook-Off. Our little cook-off is growing and we are proud to wlecome back our returning cooks!
Cookers read below for contest details
For any questions please contact Jeremy Phillips at 713-614-8780
All proceeds go towards HYAA and its athletes.
2018 HYAA Cook-off - Please read below thoroughly.
Click Here to Register Your Team
- Location: I.T. May Park, 2100 Wolf Rd., Huffman Tx 77336
- IBCA Event: This is an International BBQ Cookers Association (IBCA) sanctioned event and will be conducted under IBCA rules. Please visit the IBCA website for details: http://ibcabbq.org/wp-content/uploads/2017-2018-IBCA-Rules.pdf
- Entry Fees $175 and covers entry for the three meats (chicken, ribs, and brisket) and open dish categories. Jackpot Fajitas is a separate $25 entry. Payout is 75% to the cooks. Example - If 35 teams enter the Fajita category, then the payout to the cooks is 75% of 35 teams x $25 or $656.25.
- Spots We currently are approved for 60 spots. The larger spots are limited. There are forty-five spots at 30' width x 40' depth. An additional fifteen spaces are available with approximate dmensions of 32' width x 22' depth. If your set up requires more space, then teams can purchase an additional spot for $100 with no additional cooking turn-ins or pay $175 for an additional turn in. If you purchase an additional spot for $175, then the team is required to cook the additional turn in on a separate pit with a different head cook/team name in accordance with IBCA rules. HYAA reserves the right to provide additional spots.
- You can visit www.hyaafalcons.org for cook-off information and online payment.
- Form submission will be discontinued when spaces are filled.
- Contestants are required to provide for all needed equipment and supplies. This includes all required contest food, generators for electrical power, water, pits, fire extinguisher, etc.
- Ice will be available for purchase.
- Teams are responsible for the cleanliness of their cooking area and will ensure their areas are well kept and generally free from trash.
- Trash receptacles and trash pickup will be provided.
- Ash receptacles will be provided. Contestants will not dump ash or coals on the ground and are required to place ashes in the appropriate ash receptacles.
- HYAA and Harris County are not responsible for loss, damage, or theft of any contestant equipment, supplies, and property
PRIZES & AWARD
Guaranteed prize money of $5,000
Jackpot Fajita Champion Pays 75% of the Total Pot ($25 entry)
Open Dish pays 1st place only $125
Chicken, Spare Ribs, and Brisket Payout:
1st - $500 , 2nd - $325 , 3rd - $225 , 4th - $200, 5th - $175, 6th - $100, 7th - $50, 8th - $50
Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion will receive trophies
CONTEST & TIMELINE
Friday, November 30th:
9:00am Set Up Begins
6:30pm Head Cook’s Meeting
8:00pm Fajita Turn In
Saturday, December 1st:
10:00am Open Dish Turn-In
12:00 noon Chicken Turn-In (2 half chickens fully jointed)
1:30pm Spare Ribs Turn-In (9 slices)
3:00pm Brisket Turn-In (9 slices)
5:30pm Awards/Raffle Results
9:00pm Contest Over/Tear-down Complete