The Mahtomedi Fastpitch Association’s (MFPA) mission statement is: to provide players of all ages (U8 – U18) the opportunity to play competitive fastpitch softball in an environment where all players will be developing their skills and learning good sportsmanship and teamwork.
To that extent, the MFPA has created a need-based scholarship program which may provide some financial assistance to those families in need.
The parent or legal guardian of a participant who qualifies for ISD 832’s Educational Benefits Reduced/Free Lunch program is eligible to apply for financial assistance from MFPA. Grants from the MFPA sponsorship program are available for up to 100% of the program registration fee less a $25 participation fee. Eligibility for MFPA’s scholarship program requires submission of your qualification confirmation for ISD 832’s Educational Benefits Reduced/Free Lunch program along with your scholarship application.
Information on ISD 832’s Educational Benefits Reduced/Free Lunch program can be located here:
Scholarship grants will be based on MFPA’s financial ability to provide along with the participant’s eligibility. Funds may be limited and will be distributed as available on a first-come, first served basis to eligible athletes. All participants are required to pay the $25 participation fee for each program enrollment in addition to any registration fees not covered by the scholarship grant.
- Any parent or guardian of a youth enrolled and attending a Mahtomedi ISD 832 school.
- Scholarships only apply to the program registration fee. Scholarships will not be granted for participant families that do not meet any required volunteer hours or who do not participate in required association fundraising efforts. Additionally, scholarships do not cover additional fees such as: uniforms and tournament fees or the participation fee. All fees above and beyond the registration fee are the responsibility of the participant.
- Scholarships will not be retroactively granted for registration fees already paid. You must submit the application first, then if approved you will receive instructions for how to register.
- Completeness of the application is the responsibility of the applicant. Incomplete application submissions may result in participants missing the registration period and becoming ineligible.
- MFPA will use reasonable care to keep all information confidential.
- All payments due for registration must be made online through program registration: www.mahtomedifastpith.org.
- To apply for MFPA’s scholarship program email your complete application with a copy of the qualification confirmation for ISD 832’s Educational Benefits Reduced/Free Lunch program to
. Alternatively, you can mail your application to*:
Mahtomedi Fastpitch Association
PO Box 442
Willernie, MN 55090
*Note the MFPA mailbox is infrequently checked and may delay processing. If sending by mail, please apply early in any registration period to ensure review and processing prior to registration close. If you need expedited service, please email your forms. MFPA does not guarantee team placement if forms are received after registration has closed.
- The review and approval process will be handled by the MFPA Board of Directors
- You will be notified via e-mail regarding the status of your application prior to the start of the season. If a scholarship is granted, you will be given more information on how to register.
- Payment for a PARTIAL scholarship will be due prior to the registration deadline. A participant is not registered until payment, if required, is received.
- Payment of the $25 participation fee is required prior to the registration deadline. A participant is not registered until payment, if required, is received.