ADULT VOLUNTEER REC COACH - SPRING 2020 REQUIREMENTS
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY & TRY NOT TO PROCRASTINATE! The sooner you are compliant, the sooner WSA commissioners can create teams. All adults must register and complete town/state/federal requirements. You will not be assigned to a spring team until you are fully compliant. The deadline to register is March 1, 2020.
SUMMARY OF REC COACH REQUIREMENTS:
1) Register on the WSA site as a volunteer coach
2) State Background Check
3) SafeSport Training (Abuse Prevention) video training
4) Concussion Training
5) NAYS membership & soccer coach training
6) CPR certification (one adult per team)
**Note, you must complete Requirement #1 (below) for your name appear on the tracking sheet.
Register as a Westport Soccer Volunteer Coach/Asst Coach CLICK HERE
ALL volunteers must complete! This allows you to indicate coach and grade preference. Be sure to include player name, school & grade. Please use your full legal given name across all requirements.
REQUIREMENTS #2, #3, #4:
State (CJSA) Background Check, SafeSport Abuse Prevention & Concussion Training CLICK HERE
This is only for NEW volunteers and expired members (if you completed in fall 2019 you can ignore this step).
- #2 Background Checks expire every two years. Please login to confirm your status.
- #3 Safesport Training (abuse prevention) is a 90-minute video, you can't fast forward, so plan ahead.
- #4 Concussion Training: Please upload your completion certificate on your CJSA member profile page (log in here: http://westport.cjsalive.org/home.php)
You can complete Head’s Up or NAYS concussion training.
REQUIREMENT #5 :
NAYS Membership & Soccer Coach Training (including concussion) CLICK HERE
This is for NEW volunteers and expired memberships (if you completed in fall 2019, you can ignore this step)
==Do not assume your current membership is still good! Double-check it has not expired.
==Membership is ($20 1yr or $35 2yr) and must include soccer and be valid thru June 20th, 2020
REQUIREMENT #6: (one adult per team)
CPR Certification/Sudden Cardiac Arrest on NAYS for free:
If you are already CPR certified, please email
REC Program Directors: Tim Lewis, email@example.com & John Diercksen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Compliance & Risk Management: Jack Dewitt, email@example.com
WESTPORT SOCCER ASSOCIATION - www.westportsoccer.org